Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading through the different threads already posted about tires on here and still have some questions. I see quite a few people running the Kenda Klaws. Do yall ever have trouble swinging the rear out in the turns with the amount of tread on them? I picked up an 01 660 and it's got the Razr MX tires on it now but i'm looking for more ground clearance and more of a trail capability. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
I run Maxxis Razrs in the rear, 20x11x8, and Maxxis Razr MX in the front, 20x6x10, and love them! Traction when I want it, and I can whip the ass end around on demand. Not only do they last a long time, you cant beat the price!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I'm running a Lonestar Racing extended swing arm and i'm trying to get it up off the ground a little. I adjusted the back shock yesterday and gained about an inch or so and I've been thinking about new tires not only for the clearance but to do some more trail riding

·
Registered
749 Posts
my 660 came with 22" klaws on the rear...i've had several different sets of tires between owning my 660 and 700, and now i'm back to 20" klaws on my 700. i have the XCR's and love them. no problem sliding, wear very nice, and have no complaints at all.

my biggest factor with picking tires is something that will wear nicely with a 6-ply rating....which is why i bought the klaws again. when my bf raced he had strictly expensive mx tires on his yfz, which sure hook up great but they wore like shittt the second he took it off the track

1 - 4 of 4 Posts