Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what tires would be the best if i was planning on going to the dunes and the sand was wet? stock dirt tires or paddles? thanks for the input

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
dry sand=haulers, wet sand=haulers, rocky sand=sandstars, sand with lots of roots and stumps or anything that might poke a hole in the tire then use sandstars.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dry sand=haulers, wet sand=haulers, rocky sand=sandstars, sand with lots of roots and stumps or anything that might poke a hole in the tire then use sandstars.
thanks! im planning on making a trip up to florence or something tomorrow and wednesday and am not sure how the sand will be but im sure it will be wet since its been raining a lot here!!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah LOL that's an understatement haha I am about to freakin hang myself! I swear it's rained more this year than it ever has. I hate it when people say "oh well this is the northwest get used to it" I just want to shove a hammer down their throat LOL I've lived here all my life (34 yrs.) and I'm used to it but it doesnt mean I like it any more!
So your headed to florence huh? Shit I wish I could go but it's too damn expensive right now for fuel. costs me a 100 dollar bill to fill up and it'll be 2 tanks (maybe less) there and back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah LOL that's an understatement haha I am about to freakin hang myself! I swear it's rained more this year than it ever has. I hate it when people say "oh well this is the northwest get used to it" I just want to shove a hammer down their throat LOL I've lived here all my life (34 yrs.) and I'm used to it but it doesnt mean I like it any more!
So your headed to florence huh? Shit I wish I could go but it's too damn expensive right now for fuel. costs me a 100 dollar bill to fill up and it'll be 2 tanks (maybe less) there and back.
ya the rain is ridiculous! i just need to go ride! i havent rode since the summer and that is too long! :banghead: but im not exactly sure where ill end up. somewhere over that way for sure though!
But i feel ya on the gas, even gas for the bike is gunna run $4.00 a gallon! I live a few hours a way so i can make it there and home on a tank if im lucky!

It really needs to be summer and good riding weather soon! I see all these places that are already sunny and nice out and i envy them! haha

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah you only live about 30 minutes from me. It'll prolly take you more than a tank to go there and back unless you're in a deisel. I only get about 15 mpg at the most and even less when I'm towing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts