Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used the dei Titanium header wrap? I just got mine in and was wondering if anyone else has used it yet or not? Likes and dislikes and thoughts about it please!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't currently have any wrap on mine, but I do want to look into getting some.
I have heard that the wrap can hold moisture, so just make sure you dry it out before storage. let us know how it works out and maybe post a pic.
If you can also send me a link to the wrap you got, I havent heard of titaniun wrap yet.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yep it will hold moisture and dirt wich will rot out the header. Even high quality stainless steel headers will have it happen. That is why most headers you purchase for automobiels says the warrenty is void if you use exhaust wrap. Also the excessive temps the header will be exposed to will cause the metal to fatigue and could crack over time. There is no doubt header wrap will hold in the heat but it does have its draw backs.

Like they said if you use it just make sure you fully warm it up after washing. That way it will dry out.

I had jet hot coat my sparks pipe and it dropped the skin temp of the pipe 150-200 deg. That is a pretty drastic temp decrease for just doing a coating. Plus it looks good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep it will hold moisture and dirt wich will rot out the header. Even high quality stainless steel headers will have it happen. That is why most headers you purchase for automobiels says the warrenty is void if you use exhaust wrap. Also the excessive temps the header will be exposed to will cause the metal to fatigue and could crack over time. There is no doubt header wrap will hold in the heat but it does have its draw backs.

Like they said if you use it just make sure you fully warm it up after washing. That way it will dry out.

I had jet hot coat my sparks pipe and it dropped the skin temp of the pipe 150-200 deg. That is a pretty drastic temp decrease for just doing a coating. Plus it looks good.

How much are we looking at for a coating?

Also the heat tape towards the rear of the bike [on plastic] has come off and the exhaust is melting my plastic, do you know where I can get heat tape for that?

·
Master of the Electron
15,531 Posts
Other than the apparent false advertising - where is the 'titanium' in this - "Titanium exhaust wrap, with LR Technology, is made from pulverized lava rock and stranded into a fiber material", it's probably no better or worse than any other wrap.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
How much are we looking at for a coating?

Also the heat tape towards the rear of the bike [on plastic] has come off and the exhaust is melting my plastic, do you know where I can get heat tape for that?
The coating is expensive. I mine was done by Jet Hot. They are the name brand for exhaust ceramic coating. It ran 165 bucks for the Extreem Sterling coating. It has dulled a little bit but not to bad. The first 6 inches of the header are a satin silver color now.

Jet hot coats the inside and out side of the pipe to help improve insulation.

There are other companyies out there that do coatings. Just make sure it is a ceramic coating and not a High Temp powder coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts