Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 03 raptor about 3 yrs ago.Bought it out of a cycle trader K the guy said he would send me the title cause he had to pay it off that monday, this was a friday night i bought it,He gave me a bill of sale showed proof of His DL,well i never got a title, I didnt really care a whole lot, but no its getting harder to find places to ride without being tagged,So how should i go about getting this thing tagged?also I kept the ad from the magazine.Im thinking the dude might of kept the money and maybe reported it stolen.He was from NY,And im from pa.Maybe call the cops or what dont no how to go about this.Thanks For any help.

·
Registered
364 Posts
do the right thing and go to the dmv to see if there are any records. Try to contact the original owner and if all else fails talk to a policeman that is free and take his advice....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called a notary yesturday they told me to call dmv in new york,dmv tells me they dont title in ny,But they do reg it.So i gave them the vin #,they said nothing on it.I was happy for a min untill after i got off the phone with them .i had read him the wroung #,So now i have to wait till monday.Also They said that if it comes back with a lean or something that i will never get it reg unless the note is settled, which i would prob have to take dude to court.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I did the same thing since my quad came from ny too.I spent 2 months calling the ny dmv,sending certified letters everywhere and was ready to drive there when i found out how to do it...All i did was fill out the form from DCNR,bill of sale and a check and now i have a title.They will do a vin trace and if anythings wrong they will call you.If its fine you'll get your title....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts