Raptor Forum banner

Title????????

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Yamahama_Guy 
#1 ·
My dad bought me a 2005 raptor 350 but now i want to sell it. WHen he got me it all he got was a bill of sale not the title. Can i still sell it. Is the bill of sale worth anything like as in should i even try to sell the bike

#2 ·
In most states they require a title to legally license the quad or to even get an off road permit (decal). You used to be able to just have a certificate of origen and get by with that but I have bought and sold a lot of quads and it seems they only go for titles, a lot of people that can't get one sell the quad stating they only have a bill of sale, but again you can't get the legal permit with out one, you can contact your DMV, give them the vin# and usually can tell you if it is stolen, has a lean on it or if ever had a title (sometimes they will give the info sometimes not) then you would have apply for a lost title. This is my experience in getting them, to get the full value of the quad it is necessary.though.
Good luck..

#4 ·
Yup +1

i
is it true that the certificate of origin is the same thing as the title the guy said it was.
Nope there is a difference... Titling is registering through DMV thus paying taxes on it. A Certificate Of Origin is just the vehicles description with the VIN and a few other things. I don't know about other states but in Virginia if an ATV was bought after July 2006 then it must be titled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.