Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally going turbo, what are any major ups and down that any of you guys think about em. Or in generally are you happy with them?

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
I'm finally going turbo, what are any major ups and down that any of you guys think about em. Or in generally are you happy with them?
Turbo's are Awesome, its the cheapest and quickest way to 90+hp. For 3000 +/- you can be hanging with the big boys at any hill, you will need a lockup clutch as well. I have a D7 Turbo (Which is the one that JVR was selling) and you can purchase these from the Rocket Factory or contact woofer67 on here. IMO its the most complete A-Z turbo kit available today. with a ton of different options.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a English racing turbo kit and agree that it is the best and easiest way to reach solid numbers without much work. I can't say one turbo kit is the "most complete" or "a-z" because i haven't owned any others.. But mine was complete and included a dyno tune on my fuel choice

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would recommend giving English Racing a call. They can answer any questions you have. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
^^ Pizzle, you have a bike done by them? I'm in vancouver as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am very happy with my english racing turbo. Kit quality is excellent. Spools instantly in higher gears.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If for nothing its cool to hear the blow off valve:) Seriously though turbo IMO is a great way to go. Massive power or just enough to have fun with a turn of a boost knob. With our Impulse kit you ave a stand alone fuel injection that requires no tuning for boost, temp, altitude etc. I let my wife roll it around at 10psi then crank it over 20lbs to run with the fastest bikes in the country:D

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
My raptor was the first quad I had ever drove, the first day I had it I was disipointed on how slow it was. Now with a turbo it is insane and I love it

·
Registered
400 Posts
I wish I knew back before I started modding what I know now. I would have went with a turbo!! By the time I get done with my new mods this spring I will have about $4000 to $4500 in my raptor and thats just motor work. It would have been cheaper to do a turbo and I think more relieable. And I believe I would have had more HP to boot!! DAMN!!!!!!

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
I can't say one turbo kit is the "most complete" or "a-z" because i haven't owned any others.
I stand corrected.....there are a couple of things the D7 kit doesnt come with..........

Good hand grips and a pair of balls.........these are operator supplied:metal:

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what kind of paddles do you guys recommend?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Depends on horsepower, rpm, weight, gearing, type of riding, and where you're riding.
Horses? Jvr/d7 stage 1,turbo 10-12 psi. Weight? Full weight bike, me 150. Stock gearing,
Duning but lots of fun at the hill too. And I ride at sand mountain, ut and St. anthony

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
An updated list of everything that comes in our standard turbo kit. There are also many upgrades available for this kit.

CHECK LIST

Item..... Description.....................Qty.
1.... Water cooled Turbocharger with adj. waste gate. 1
2...... Intercooler.............................................................................. 1
3...... Plenum................................................................................... 1
4.......Boost Sensing EFI controller....................................................... 1
5.......Stainless had pipe.................................................................... 1
6...... Powder coated front charge pipe................................................. 1
7...... Powder coated rear charge pipe.................................................. 1
8...... Ceramic coated down pipe......................................................... 1
9...... Air cleaner.............................................................................. 1
10.... Pre-Filter................................................................................ 1
11.... Blow off valve.......................................................................... 1
12.... BOV filter................................................................................ 1
13.... Oil tank................................................................................... 1
14.... Boost/Vacuum gauge................................................................. 1
15.... Gauge mounting cup.................................................................. 1
16.... 2 ¼” x 3” Silicone hose.............................................................. 2
17.... 2” x 3” Silicone hose................................................................. 2
18.... 1 ¾” x 3” Silicone hose.............................................................. 1
19.... 2 ¼” Stainless steel t-clamp....................................................... 2
20.... 2” Stainless steel t-clamp.......................................................... 4
21.... 1 ¾” Stainless steel t-clamp...................................................... 2
22.... Oil pressure adapter.................................................................. 1
23.... Braided stainless oil charge line................................................... 1
24.... High temp silicone oil return hose................................................. 1
25.... Turbo to head pipe gasket.......................................................... 1
26.... Vacuum manifold...................................................................... 1
27.... ¼” High temp silicone water hose................................................ 1
28.... Crankcase breather................................................................... 1
29.... Intercooler mounting brackets..................................................... 1
30.... Head/Turbo pipe support............................................................ 1
31.... Brass vacuum fitting.................................................................. 1
32.... 3/8” High temp hose cove.......................................................... 1
33.... 8mm x 1.25 ARP 12 point nuts..................................................... 4
34.... 8mm x 1.25 x 1” bolts................................................................ 5
35.... 8mm x 1.25 x 1 ¼” bolts............................................................ 4
36.... 8mm x 1.25 nuts....................................................................... 4
37.... 8mm Washers.......................................................................... 5
38.... 6mm x 1.00 nuts....................................................................... 2
39.... 6mm washers........................................................................... 2
40.... 1” Stainless steel clamps............................................................ 3
41.... ¼” Stainless steel clamps........................................................... 4
42.... Velcro straps........................................................................... 2
43.... 1/8” Vacuum line...................................................................... 1
44.... Brass boost adp....................................................................... 1
45.... Small zip ties........................................................................... 7
46.... Medium zip ties........................................................................ 3
47.... 3/16” Vacuum cap.................................................................... 2
48.... ½” Vacuum cap....................................................................... 1
49.....Detailed Instructions..................................................................1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts