Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 2 hours on my new motor build, 734 with stage 3 cam, and head porting, yesterday I did my first oil change and put in Synthetic in it. Today at the dunes it was feeling very powerful so I pulled up to a group of guys that were racing back and forth. I raced all 5 guys and was ahead of the pack on each pass. A couple of guys dropped and I ended up dragg'n a YFZ 450 and a Banshee about 3 more times and the YFZ was consistantly behind me 2-4 bike lengths, the Banshee was too but he had taller gears and was catching me at the very end of the strip in 5th gear. WE talked afterwards and the yfz was built with a pipe,stroker crank, porting and "weisco everything" he said. The Banshee had toomey's, welded crank, stroker crank,cool head, tall gears,,, no swingarm so he was wheeling too much (like me).....Anyway, The raptor was King today, If you are thinking about the 734 kit, You will love it, it wasn't that expensive considering the bad ass horsepower it builds. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Congats on the handing of asses!!! Your quad must be BAD!! 8) To date the only quads to beat me are other Raptors, a YFZ with 3 mods and exhaust cam retarted one tooth, and a Banshee modded to hell running NOS. The NOS banshee guy lives about a 1/2 mile from me, I hate him :lol:. We ride together alot and I'm jealous of his bike, he won't admit it, but I think he'd trade in a heartbeat--- Me NEVER.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really didn't realize how fast the Raptors were, (I had owned Banshee's for a few years)... Raptors dig in and pull like a Mutha.

:beer:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Who did you buy your 734 kit from?

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
headingnorth said:
I ordered the parts from China,,,,,,No just kidding (the write up about your chineese quads still makes me laugh :lol: ) I ordered my 734 kit from Rocket Factory in Reno NV, When the parts got here the motor work was done by a local mechanic and the core parts sent back to them, I got good service and was reimbursed $ fast for the core charge. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RaptorR said:
yo digital where are you from? im around tualatin sherwood area.
RaptorR I am from Eugene Oregon, do you ride at sand lake? I wanna try to get up there this summer, i't's been a Long time!

·
Registered
497 Posts
What does Rocket Factory claim it should dyno at? What type of fuel do you need to run?

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
headingnorth said:
What does Rocket Factory claim it should dyno at? What type of fuel do you need to run?
I don't know what RF is claiming this combo is supposed to dyno at. I am waiting for the local shop to complete their new dyno room, then I will post a copy of the dyno sheet (maybe next week). The gas recommended is 100 octane. I have mixed pump premium and 110 race fuel 50-50
Question------I borrowed a set of 10 paddle haulers yesterday to race, but have a set of 8 paddles on order, I wonder if I will loose momentum with the 8 paddles :help:

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Digital, actually just got back from sandlake today. girlfriend just bought the Gytr 700 had to break her in. yah im going down this weekend again.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I'll have to hook up with you guys for a ride sometime.

Digital, I would stick with the 10 paddles with your build. I know the 8 paddles sure don't cut it on mine any more.
Good job representing :thumbsup: From what I have seen those Banshee guys hate it more than anything to lose to a 4 stroke :lol:

My buddy and I clipped a few at the hill at Dumont on our new builds and after we whooped up on em good they split. They didn't want anymore of the raptors ;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
randy how much did you beat thim by and what mod do you think they had?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
digitalhearing said:
headingnorth said:
I ordered the parts from China,,,,,,No just kidding (the write up about your chineese quads still makes me laugh :lol: ) I ordered my 734 kit from Rocket Factory in Reno NV, When the parts got here the motor work was done by a local mechanic and the core parts sent back to them, I got good service and was reimbursed $ fast for the core charge. :thumbsup:
So what should i expect to pay for a Kit like that? Whats up Randy!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RaptorR said:
Digital, actually just got back from sandlake today. girlfriend just bought the Gytr 700 had to break her in. yah im going down this weekend again.
RaptorR, I will see about riding this weekend at sand lake, I would love to check out a new riding place, and meet up with you all.

RRandy, I suspected the news about the 8 paddles, I probably should make that call to R.Mountain and see about an exchange for the 10 paddles tomorrow, might have to eat shipping charge but power without traction is meaningless. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Jdog said:

I can't say what they had for mods other than they were piped had extended swingarms and looked like hill shooters. I didn't get to talk to them I just lined up with them and beat them three times in a row then they split :grin_nod: I'd say I was consistently at least 2 bikes in front of them 8)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
roc64 said:
digitalhearing said:
headingnorth said:
So what should i expect to pay for a Kit like that? Whats up Randy!

Not a whole lot whats up with you? A group of us are going over to the little sandbox in beverly for some test & tune and a little friendly draggin and playing on the 24th of this month if your interested. Were going to spend the night on Sat so it should be a good party. It's real small but we always have a good time.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RaptorRandy27 said:
Jdog said:

I can't say what they had for mods other than they were piped had extended swingarms and looked like hill shooters. I didn't get to talk to them I just lined up with them and beat them three times in a row then they split :grin_nod: I'd say I was consistently at least 2 bikes in front of them 8)
I bet they were used to being the BIG boys on BLOCK until you came around.
But you brought to them the real meaning of the guy with the BIG BLOCK. :lol: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts