Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the easiest way to do the toe in? I was fooling around with it for 2 hours and still couldn't get it perfect. I did have the quad on the ground, the first time I had it jacked up and when I put it down on it's own weight it was way off.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks what points did you measure off of?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
For the rear of the tire I use the frame, for the front, I use my bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I guess I'll have to take the bumper off since it's a little bent. Thanks

·
VIP
1,058 Posts
The best way to do the alignment is to use two tie downs or ratchet straps going in a cross pattern from the bars to the rear grab bar. This will keep the bars from turning and having to re-center them everytime you adjust the tie rods.

I run a straight edge down the sidewall of the front tires that is long enough to reach the tread on the rear tires, to make sure both front wheels are tracking the same as the rear. I adjust the front tires so that the distance from the straight edge to the rear tires is the same on both sides. Theoretically that should get you pretty close to zero toe in, but to measure the toe, you measure from the center of one front tire to the center of the other in front of the quad (grab bar side) and then the rear of the front tire(engine side). If the measurements are the same, you have zero toe in, but you want to run at least 1/4" to 1/2" of toe in, so the front end of the quad doesn't dart from side to side.

Here is a crude diagram I made up for another member wanting to set up his new front end. It may help explain better. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts