Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I sold an old car I had & I'm in the market for a 700, locally I found this listing & it just seems too hard to pass on for $3400. At the same time, it almost seems too good, what's wrong here?

Raptor special edition 734 big bore with over $
10,000 worth of work and parts. Serious enquiries
only. 2006 raptor 700 limited edition. 734 big bore
ported and camed. Power commander. Aftermarket
wheels with 80% tires. Dual exhaust. Aftermarket
aluminum airbox and intake with giant k&n filter. Pro
armor nerf bars. Elka front shocks. Asv levers.
Aluminum pro armor case saver. Also have spare rear
plastics, aluminum radiator guard, and a bunch of
other parts.
From the pics it don't look bad, not exactly the colors I wanted but it would save me a ton on mods, I would just miss out on the fun of doing it all myself. I'm just a lil concerned about the bore size & servicability. Is the 734 specific to any company or is it common? Looks like Trinity does a 734 kit.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I just got an 07 special edition with a trinity 734, hotcam2 , kibble white valves and full sparks exhaust for 3300. The motor was jus built and he had no intake or ower commander dont understand why though. But look at the frame and all to see if has been rode hard and see if he has the receipts for the build. And there is someone else who does the 734 i think its rocket factory or something like that, but mine is trinity and it says trinity on the motor.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Miss out on all the money and downtime spent building it..... you will build it bigger anyway. Not to good to be true if you ask me. 734 is common build size.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've contacted him, he says it's at the shop getting tuned up now. I'd like to have it b/c it really does have some great stuff on it but there's also a stock on that I'm talking to a guy about that just feels good in my gut.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
depends who did the work, if its trinity ported with hotcam and athena big bore or something its low quality stuff. just see what brand stuff is in it first

·
Registered
728 Posts
I paid $3400 for my wifes 06 SE last year with the mods in my sig. Thats a good price for the mods. As long as he used quality parts in the engine. I would look at the money to make a stock one into the machine that you are looking for. Just in duals and a good fuel controller your looking at almost a grand. If it runs, rides and sounds good, I would do it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ That's exactly what I'm thinking. I like the thought of a stocker b/c then I can build it myself & know exactly what's in it. On the other hand, this thing has in mods what he wants for the machine.
Lucky, are there any external marking that I can look for on the engine to try & figure out what may be in it? Idk if this guy has receipts to this stuff or not, maybe he has some paperwork that'll give me an idea. Also, what are some weak spots on the frame that are prone to cracking that I should look for?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts