Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 700 mudpro has no chance at all beating my buddies can am 800 so i figured my raptor should get him. This is what happened at first all i had was stock sprockets and alba exhaust and he got the whole shot and i barely got him at the end after a mile approx but we usually don't race that long so i loose most races. So i installed dyno jet kit, k&n filter with billet adapter and removed lid. And i installed a 42 tooth rear sprocket. Do u think the sprocket will help me, i don't need all that top end i just want to be quicker. Has any one tried aftermarket rev boxes?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I'm not sure what the stock sprocket sizes are for the 660's but if I were you I would just drop a tooth in the front sprocket.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Beating a 800 what type can am? I been busting renagade 800's since I was big3 stock gearing. Now I'm 15/36 with 20" and destroy them 300' drags when piped and now built I totally destroy them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
05 800 outlander with hmf exhaust and fuel optimizer, I thought about going to a 12 tooth but i figured that might put to much of a load on the transmission. I have a stage 1 hot cam but haven't had time to install it. I did the clear tube mod to check the fuel level and it's about 5 to 6 mm and i guess it should be 3 mm, is that slowing me down u think?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
What gear you launching in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Usually we do rolling starts at about 10mph in 2nd gear. If we start on gravel at a dead stop i will start in second gear. If i start on hard pack i can't keep the front end down.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Usually we do rolling starts at about 10mph in 2nd gear. If we start on gravel at a dead stop i will start in second gear. If i start on hard pack i can't keep the front end down.
We used 12 - 48, and launched in second and couldnt keep the front end down, I even used a holeshot device to help with the front end, and as far as rev boxes, they wont give you any more power.............

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Hum

·
Registered
92 Posts
i used reverse psychology and won on acceleration 14\40 it ran good .since i went 686 i geared different. front sprocket's are cheap.
if one don't try something different. one will never improve .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea it's kind of fun playing around in the garage trying different things. keeps me out of trouble

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
We used 12 - 48, and launched in second and couldnt keep the front end down, I even used a holeshot device to help with the front end, and as far as rev boxes, they wont give you any more power.............
What does a holeshot device consist of?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
It keeps the front suspension from unloading when launching the bike.............
I learn something new in 90% of your post Willy. Where do you buy one these?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
It keeps the front suspension from unloading when launching the bike.............
Isn't it a strap that you more or less compress everything with? I know that was the way it was with street bikes, I would have to think it would be something similar in this case?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I just noticed he's got a 660 not a 700. Sorry I post to quick sometimes I think I'd beat his buddy out the hole and on top end though,lol. I'll shut up now and let the 660 guys help ya as I have limited knowledge of those.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I think the 42 tooth will definitly help but I think most people suggest dropping the front sprocket down to a 12. After a few years on here, I have seen that seems to be the trend atleast. I dropped to a 12/44 combo but its to low for me. I think you should run your 42 and see how that works for you. If needed the front sprocket is only like 15 bucks.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
When I took off my YFZ shocks to paint them I put on some Blaster shocks and that was a amazing difference. They rode like crap but it kept the front planted alot better on the launch. It all makes sense now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't get him to come out now. Someone told me he got beat by polaris outlaw and now he's pissed off and don't want to ride anymore. freaking baby.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Are they easy on and off for like only when I drag being I east coast trail ride I don't wanna stretch the swinger sorry for the :hijack:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts