Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pcIII gytr pipe and intake and the lid off. i think i am to rich {plug is black even after 1 hour of hard riding} because my quad starts running crappy. backfires on the deceleration, stalls when i start it up too. if anyone can help me it would be great. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
put a new plug in it, if still has problems clean your airfilter...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I HAVE CLEANED THE FILTER AND PUT MANY NEW PLUGS IN IT. IN ABOUT AN HOUR THE NEW PLUG FOULS OUT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Which map are you running? Do you have the full GYT-R exhaust or just the slip on? Are you at alltitude or sea level or somewhere in between?
are you lettin it warm up for a good 10 minutes before touchin the throttle( i fouled 3 plugs being impatient)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
loose nutz said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
Which map are you running? Do you have the full GYT-R exhaust or just the slip on? Are you at alltitude or sea level or somewhere in between?
are you lettin it warm up for a good 10 minutes before touchin the throttle( i fouled 3 plugs being impatient)
10 min warmup is a little much IMHO 5 mins should be plenty. If your fouling plugs consitently and have to let it warm up for 10 mins you have a cold start fuel enrichment issue I would think , unless it's like 10 below out :3question:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
neither of ours like it when you mess with the throttle for about 3-4 minutes. Hers is bone stock, mine is modded.
We have never fouled any plugs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont let it warm up for 10 min. i do about 3 or 4. the reason why i am fouling plugs is to rich. and i am trying to figure out why. please help me! i need opinions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
DOMMIE said:
i dont let it warm up for 10 min. i do about 3 or 4. the reason why i am fouling plugs is to rich. and i am trying to figure out why. please help me! i need opinions.

I was trying to help but you never answered my questions. What map are you running now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I AM RUNNING FULL GYTR EXHAUST ,GYTR INTAKE AIRBOX LID OFF. I THINK IT IS THE NUMBER 11 MAP ON POWER COMMANDER SITE...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
DOMMIE said:
I AM RUNNING FULL GYTR EXHAUST ,GYTR INTAKE AIRBOX LID OFF. I THINK IT IS THE NUMBER 11 MAP ON POWER COMMANDER SITE...


Try running the -010 map, even though it's for just the slip on it's a little leaner than the full exhaust map which after looking at it is way to rich IMO. If it's still to rich PM me and I'll help you tweak it if you want.

http://66.132.187.150/downloads/416/maps/m416-010.exe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. but i think i fixed the problem.I was playing around with my pcIII connections and i accidently turned the injector and turned it back and it seems to run fine now.I will let you know tomorrow if it is fixed. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
DOMMIE said:
Thanks. but i think i fixed the problem.I was playing around with my pcIII connections and i accidently turned the injector and turned it back and it seems to run fine now.I will let you know tomorrow if it is fixed. thanks

???????????????


.....turned the injector? :3question:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top