Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short , i fell down a high hill and landed in a large puddle up side down :eek:. got up,fliped bike up. let sit for 10 minutes ,and went t ostart it up and it backfires and sputters like a fouled plug..
i had no choice but t o ride it 5 miles home bleeding in 4 places. now im bandaged up and checked the check engine code and found number 13.intake air pressure sensor. maybe a connector got wet? :confused: i looked in air box for water but it was bone dry. maybe some water made it in the exhaust pipe since i had the baffle out but my air box is sealed and dry.it was a hard fall and i landed in a huge puddle.what do i look for to cure the issue? is the sensor wet? any real damage? :help:
btw: the bike runs but i cant fluxuate the gas or it will stall. but if i hold 1 throttle point it is smooth.and it wont idle

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
wow dude that sux..... i would find the sensor and clean it up and re plug it back in. but to me it sounds like a throttle pos. sesnor..

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can it just be wet and needs to be dried out? or would you think it needs to be replaced?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
The 700R's have a tip over sensor I believe. Try unhooking the bat over night and see if that clears the code also do as suggested and check for moisture in any connections as well as loose or corroded connections. Also it could have just had the air pressure sensor go bad in the hard hit.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
pull the air press sensor and the tps sensor and clean and dry then apply some dialectric grease and reinstall. also clean the wire harness of both. Also disconnect your battery for a min then, see if it gives you a new code or starts running. Also try a fresh plug

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all,thats what im gonna do tonight.im sure i can everything i nedd in the service manual.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I agree, sure sounds like TPS symptoms.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ok it the air pressure sensor need to change, had mine go bad on my 700 what happens is the when they go it feeds to much presure of gas in thats why it won't idle but will run while thottle is pushed in. I bet for you to start it you have to open the thottle wide open, if not all it does is flood, check your plug bet its black. I would just check to make sure all wires are in place, if all wire are good then just get new sensor. As for the roll over sensor, I my self rolled my bike like 3 times this weekend and had the sensor kick in bike would not start all I had to do is turn key off wait 5 seconds and turn key back on and started right up. Check to see the price I now when mine went bad I belive yamaha had a mistake in there system because it was only $0.13 cents, don't know about now.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just checked at yamahaofmodesto.com and its listed for $0.04 cents but its on backorder.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
started to take all the plastic off to get a close look. to narrow it down i unpluged the plastic sensor in the intake track[intake temp probe?] and code 22 came up.so then i moved on to look for water in the intake itself.well it was dry.all looked good so i started it up. it wont idle on its own at all so i give it just a lil gas and itll hold ok but with a miss fire every 3 seconds.made a few attempts again to get it to idel after it was warm on its own. no good. so i pulled the plug and it was very wet with fuel.no engine light /code was present. i think the air pressure sensor connector may have water in it still like the temp probe plug. maybe itll be ok after i dry it all out.??? :3question: the water wasnt deep but the bike was upside down for about 30 seconds until it was pulled off me still running so i guess water got in the connectors.maybe :eek:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Any updates on the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
;)nooby question here? i was wondering how you find out what the code is e.x code 13 and code 22 ?

By the way i am thinking of getting a rappy 700r se is it a good idea or should i get something else? thx

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would guess the air pressure sensor too. If you look in the service manual on the page about how to check proper operation (voltage ect.) it warns you to be very careful with the sensor and do not drop it. It clearly says, "If you drop the sensor, replace it with a new one.". I don't know why it would be so fragile on a quad, but maybe the hard landing damaged it in some way.

Worth trying.

Later,
Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts