Raptor Forum banner

Tool

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  NICK 
#1 ·
How or where can I find the tool to tighten my shocks up? what is it called

#2 ·
tighten the preload on the springs? Its called a spanner wrench. Can get it at the dealer most of the time.

#3 ·
#5 ·
A Hammer and large straight blade screwdriver works great. Sounds crude but the spanner is a pain in the ass and expensive. :)

#8 ·
which suspension are we talking about, the SE or the base model? the base uses clickers, those are breeze to setup....the SE/YFZ models are the pain in the butt

#11 ·
any suspension adjust spanner will work, so long as it's 2.75" opening, check any of the forum sponsor stores, they all have them, or you can pick one up at your dealer from Yamaha, they're a rip off though

MK

#12 ·
Lift the front end so the tires are off the ground before you adjust. This will unload the springs some and make the adjuster easier to turn.

#13 ·
Machy said:
I've tryied that method and could only get it to go up one notch, afterthat it is too tight to go anymore...... :(
first you need to loosen the other nut, did you do that first? loosen the top one, then tighten the bottom one, or loosen, depending weather you want your shock stiffer or softer..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.