Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,476 Posts
360 Husky
400 Husky
ATC 90
2 ATC 110 (new)
ATC 185S (new) full suspension
ATC 250R (310 big bore)
TRX250R wife's bike
ATC 250R -4 wheeler conversion, flat tracker.
Raptor 700, stroked, hdd5050 more
Raptor 700, W/blown motor replaced.

CB650 Honda
750 Triumph
GSXR

Many others I can't think of.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
First experience was 4wheeler. Kawasaki Mojave.
First owned as follows
First streetbike. Honda cbr600rF2
First dirtbike Honda XR600R
First 3wheeler Honda ATC 110
First 4wheeler Raptor 700R

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
First dirt bike was a Yamaha 490
street Yamaha RZ500
3 wheeler Honda 185 but still love the 250R
4wheeler Yamaha banshee will stick with my 660

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Learned to ride on an atc 110. Wouldn't mind one as a garage ornament.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Learned to ride on an atc 110. Wouldn't mind one as a garage ornament.
Yeah I sold mine within the last year since a guy made an offer I couldn't say no to but I do miss having it around and wish I still had it.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
First Bike was a Yamaha XT500 when I was 15. Had it for 4 years. 3rd accident I bent the front shocks bad and broke my left wrist. Sold it to a friend, he repaired it, broke both his arms in one accident. That was the last I heard of the bike.

So, about 5 years ago I did a drydocking on a ship I worked on in a South West African country called Namibia. Its in the Namib Desert. The shipyard took us out for a day of fun, quad biking on the dunes. Honda 250's. I there and then realised this was what I have been missing all my life at the age of 32!

Long story short, I signed off the ship, went on leave, and bought a brand new Raptor 700 off the showroom floor!!! Obviously after lots of researching! And got the wife a Raptor 350.

This is where we are at now. Deep into the bug!

In my opinion, the Raptor 350 is the best beginner quad out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been interested with motorcycles for months now and I have been contemplating of buying a brand new one or something that has already been used.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
If you live in the north you can get older barely used bikes with low miles or buy a bike from the north. I'd buy a used bike to learn on. As my dad said " there are motorcycle riders that have gone down and those that will go down!" I'm in the have gone down category lol.. IMO get a bigger bike too you can take it easy on the throttle to learn then the power will be there rather than buy a small bike and want more power once you learn. Just always respect the bike and pay attention to dumb drivers on the roads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts