Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently i changed the oil. I was useing yamalube and the stock oil filter. I wanted to change my oil the stealership is outrages for oil so i went with lucas GTX 10w40 and a wix filter. When i changed my oil I really didnt pay mutch attention to it like i should have but i put the new filter on and put the new oil in seemed to work just fine. But lastnight I just got bored and checked the oil to find out it was so milky it was like water.. Could this be the new oil? Im really hopeing its not a head gasket or a cracked head. can anyone help or has anyone had a problem like this?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It's not the new oil...It could be the water pump O ring, or a head gasket..among other things.

·
Master of the Electron
15,411 Posts
FYI, it should not be the water pump seal unless the weep hole is plugged.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh my dad's friend said it was the oil ring seal in the water pump but it didnt make sense to me im still convinced its the gasket or head. is this a hard fix?

·
Master of the Electron
15,411 Posts
Just a thought. :) .
I should have stated that better - CHECK the weep hole to see if its plugged... if so, it could be a leaking water pump seal thats putting coolant in the oil, else it's not.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The coolant is fine. i took the water pump apart yesterday and everything seems fine. i guess its just time for a new top end :(

·
Registered
521 Posts
new top end? should be smiling at the new internals!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh i will be lol when i get the money to do a new top end. see no point in just replaceing the head gasket or a cracked head and not getting a new piston and all that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts