Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hopeing i could wait till the winter to do my top end but dont think its going to last that long. At the moment i have a stage 2 hotcam with the spring kit. and idk what kind of piston or bore. But what i want to do is a 686 big bore with (supposed to be a 686 now but havent had it apart to see) a 11:5 high comp weico piston kibblewhite vavles and dual rate vavle springs. Now does anyone have any suggestion they would like to add? has anyone used kibblewhite stuff? is it good? and does anyoe use the dual rate springs? are they good? any feedback, advice, or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
For a while Kibblewhite had problems with the valve heads breaking off. I am pretty sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that the problem has been fixed. Regardless I am running Ferrea valves. They are pretty hard to find but I got a great deal on ebay when I bought mine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you like them?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I ran kibble white for a couple years. They were before they had problems. I swapped out to +1mm valves and with with Ferrea's. I didnt want to chance it. I believe kibblewhite valves are made out of 2 different materials. The head and stem are different. The joint where they meet is what failed with them.

Ferrea's i believe are all stanless. THey are stamped out of 1 soilid pice of material.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts