Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
How fast are you wanting to go? I guess a better question should be, how fast do you think you should be going with you mods? Please be more descriptive in your post, and in what you are asking so we can help better. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My gearings a 15/36 and what i'm asking is with the mods that i have should i be running a faster than 84mph in the qtr.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Depending on the RPM you can turn in 5th the gearing calculator (which is purely theoretical) would put you around 100mph, but I'm not sure if you could get that high in just a 1/4 mile. I don't have any experience in that type of racing, so I don't know how fast you SHOULD be going.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket ignition or done the speed limiter bypass? If nit it's retarding timing in 5th gear no matter what mods you can't get above 5,500 rpm or so. At 14/38 it kicks in at 74-76 mph. I can't do close to 60 in 300' dirt geared 15/38 with mudlites in lose dirt I shoulda hade paddles on. So I believe you can hit 100 or better with right mods in 1/8 mile or just a little longer. With the right mods they just keep pulling hard thru 5th and you search for 6.

·
Registered
863 Posts
you should be getting more than that,unless you just dont have enough motor to pull that high of gearing. I have done alot of 1/4 mile racing with my raptor and run 15/38 before my +2 head and 54mm TB,and bigbore. I was running a Trex+1 head,X-4 cam, CP 12:1,+5 crank,dynatek and was stockbore,with a +2TB and was running a best E.T of 13.30's @ 94-95mph. I would drop back on the gearing and get some street tires. this video is a little slower one. but should give you a good idea where you should be running

·
Registered
104 Posts
My fire engine tops out at 84 mph too (governed), and corners like it's on rails! Your Raptor may go faster if you make it RED!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The last bike I took to the track was a sb/ss build and ran over 80mph in the 1/8 on stock timing and 15/38 gearing.

What stage cam? What valves? What compression? What fuel controller?

By the info we have of your build you could be running a stock piston, stock valves, stock fuel curve, stock timing curve, stock exhaust, stage I cam, +4 stroker crank, 15/36 gearing and FCI intake.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Eat beans bring lighter...LOL

·
Registered
311 Posts
Devan and in the 1/8? by the way,with stock gearing 22" tire in the dyno i pull 105mph in 5th at the limiter,this was a pass just for fun LOL

you should be getting more than that,unless you just dont have enough motor to pull that high of gearing. I have done alot of 1/4 mile racing with my raptor and run 15/38 before my +2 head and 54mm TB,and bigbore. I was running a Trex+1 head,X-4 cam, CP 12:1,+5 crank,dynatek and was stockbore,with a +2TB and was running a best E.T of 13.30's @ 94-95mph. I would drop back on the gearing and get some street tires. this video is a little slower one. but should give you a good idea where you should be running
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FaMQfSgQ78

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have webb cam ,11:1 comp, PCIII, Curve, kibblewhite valves, yosh full Ex. what else could it be.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Idk but I'm only 10.75 734 I can do 97 I call it a 100 I'm gonna shatter 100 soon ANT can do 107 on a 11:1 778 15/36 21" tires.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'm at top speed way before the 1/4 mile mark I can hit 60 in 300' on lose dirt with heavy mudlite SP's. If I'd had paddles I'd been faster I was spinning most of the way.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts