Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
im putting my new full exhaust on this weekend and need torque specs for headers anyone help?

·
Registered
227 Posts
According to the service manual I just downloaded ,for free, today (thanks guys) it looks like 11 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
when i did my headers i didn't use a torque wrench, i torqued them down pretty tight though more than 11lbs. Is this bad, i didn't want the nuts rattling off though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I did the same...bolted them down pretty tight...didnt want any leaks!

I started her up in the garage...set off all my car alarms...wife wasnt too happy..but i was :thumbsup:

Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
1 Posts
when i did my headers i didn't use a torque wrench, i torqued them down pretty tight though more than 11lbs. Is this bad, i didn't want the nuts rattling off though.
I thought the same thing,now I have 2 head studs that sheared off even with the head. One on each port. Had a local shop try to remove them and they broke the drill bit in the stud and said sorry... looking like I'm gonna be needing a new top end all because I tightened my exhaust bolts to tight.... smh...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I thought the same thing,now I have 2 head studs that sheared off even with the head. One on each port. Had a local shop try to remove them and they broke the drill bit in the stud and said sorry... looking like I'm gonna be needing a new top end all because I tightened my exhaust bolts to tight.... smh...
Depending on how bad it is, a skilled machinist with a little heat, penatrating oil, and a center punch and hammer may still be able to get them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts