Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone will be up that way or is interested. If interested PM me and we can catch up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Tower city, PA.... Feb. 18th

I might be interested but I have to wait till it gets closer.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

hell yeah, i can bring the gang, there's about 8 of us,mostly raptor 700's 8) 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts

Id love too,about how far away is it from Baltimore??

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sorry change in plans - It wil be Paragon park instead. That is in hazelton , PA. I will post up info as it gets closer but we are planning on getting up there around 8:30 - 9:00 am. If you are interested in catching up either keep in touch on here, private message me, or just look for a white GYTR with a Dr D exhaust.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

DrDsRaptor said:
Sorry change in plans - It wil be Paragon park instead. That is in hazelton , PA. I will post up info as it gets closer but we are planning on getting up there around 8:30 - 9:00 am. If you are interested in catching up either keep in touch on here, private message me, or just look for a white GYTR with a Dr D exhaust.
no problem, we r ridin the cove this weekend and then pa somewhere so i'll keep in touch..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Tower city, PA.... Feb. 18th Changed to Paragon instead .........

They might be shutting down. So PAP is not looking good for the 18th. Here is some info from their web sight. If you want to see PAP better make it this weekend.

http://paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11673

http://paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11832

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 31, UPDATED: 10:25 p.m.
By Jon Meyer and Brandie Meng

An investment group announced plans to build a cargo airport near Hazleton in Luzerne County. They say the project will create thousands of jobs and pump billions of dollars into the local economy.

Gladstone Partners, LP, a private investment firm, announced its plans for the cargo airport during a Wednesday afternoon news conference at the Humboldt Industrial Park in Hazle Township. The project has been talked about for at least 10 years. The Luzerne County Commissioners are on board with the plan to make the area a worldwide shipping hub.

"One swing of the bat, it wipes out 30 to 50 years we've struggled to identify ourself due to the loss of the coal industry," said majority commissioner Greg Skrepenak.

The county commissioners are teaming up with Gladstone and the state to seek federal approval plus private and public money to build the airport at the Humboldt Industrial Park. They say the airport alone will create 4,500 jobs, 161,000 related jobs and a $17.1 billion boost to the area economy.

"I think it was a dream a year ago," said Bob Powell of Gladstone Partners, LP. "I think where we are now, with the overwhelming response , I think it's far more than a dream now."

Now, the quest for approval and cash to build the airport is in full force. The cost for construction is $1 .6 billion.

Many who live at Eagle Rock Resort across the street have concerns about all the planes.

"They'll come down pretty low. If they're perpendicular, I think it'll be a problem because it's so quiet here," said John McCarrie.

The airport would go on land that's currently leased by Paragon Adventure Park, an ATV recreation area. It's owner, Kyle Knosp, is in a legal battle, fighting his eviction.

"In my business background, I would have never gone about it this way," Knosp said. "Here, I have a great project, it's going to be great. I would have tried to work with everyone involved instead of going about in the most aggressive fashion possible."

At a hearing in Luzerne County Court Wednesday afternoon, a judge decided that Paragon violated its lease of the land. He ordered Paragon to be off the property by Monday. Knosp tells Newswatch 16 that he will comply with the judge's order, but plans to appeal.

not looking too good here fellas

to all who are going up this weekend, have a good time, more than likly going to be the last to wheel paragon

·
Registered
175 Posts

This is the last weekend for Paragon!

That is it, no more.

Looks like it will be converted to a cargo airport terminal starting on Monday.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Oh well looks like it will be tower city then. Any Takers? As long as its still there ::)

·
Registered
153 Posts

I'm still in. Found out that I'm not on call.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: Tower city, PA.... Feb. 18th .........Since paragon is gone.

last time i was there you either had to be a member or know a member to ride and they offered a one time trial ride to see if you wanted to join, can you pay to ride just for the day now? we always just said we wanted to take the trial ride once every couple months but that was over a year ago the last time i was there

·
Registered
207 Posts

JUST WENT TO THEIR SITE $40 A RIDER - IM IN!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

heres the 411 on tower city, you pay $40 to ride for the day,if at the end of the day you decide to join the fee is 300 for a yearly membership. but they will deduct the $40 you spent to ride that day from the fee,so you would only pay another $260... me and a couple of guys are in so lets do it............. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

We will still be going on the 18th. As it has already been said it's $40 for the day. Must have Driver license number with you on check in, also your license plate number. Open 8-5. I spoke with someone there on Saturday. In my group it will be myself of course on a Raptor, a Banshee, a polaris 700, a KTM 525 bike, 2 KDX 200's, and possibly others. The more the merrier so if you see us come on over. I have a white 2007 GYTR with Dr D full exhaust. Again I will be in touch before we go. Anyone know what the terrain is like. Holeshot HD's or Mudlites?????

·
Registered
153 Posts
copied this from pap web site. so is it back to pap

No time to relax. We are open now on the weekends probably for the next couple of months. During that time we will be scouting out new areas. We may even be opening more than one area. Nothing is set as of now, but as soon is something is set, we will let you know. We hope to stay around the same area (within an hour north/south). We are entertaining all ideas at the moment. But we will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay everyone cast your vote Paragon or Tower city this weekend Sunday the 18th. They are almost eqaul distance from us so my crew doesn't care. Let's hear it from all who are coming or thinking of coming.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was thinking paragon because it will probably be the last time to get there. I've only been there in my Jeep so it would be nice to see it on the 700.

·
Registered
207 Posts
what do you guys wear out in this weather?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts