Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was just thinking money is alittle tight right now and buying a trailer is not in the budget.... soo i was thinking is there or has anybody made a custom quad dolly?? it would be light weight not to much stress on the tranny of your vehicle and inexpensive to make.. the back wheels would be up on the dolly and the fronts would be on the ground.. to keep the wheels straight you would have 2 straps from handle bars to rear grab bar.. sounds like a cool idea and i guess you would have to think over cpl of things like how far away would it be from car and would it be to strenrous with the weight and no axle.. what do you guys think

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
That would be hell on your front tires and wheel bearings at those constant speeds. You would have to buy tires every trip, lol.

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, in all US states, a dolly can only be used with a highway legal vehicle. If any of its wheels are on the road, it must be legally registered (and current) to be towed on the road.

Harbor frieght has a 4x8 trailer that you assemble yourself, holds 1 quad very nicely... I got one on sale for around $200. Probably cheaper than a dolly. And, you can add more plywood to make it 6x8 and it will comfortably carry 2 quads.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
I love Harbor Freight. :)

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok i was just thinking money is alittle tight right now and buying a trailer is not in the budget.... soo i was thinking is there or has anybody made a custom quad dolly?? it would be light weight not to much stress on the tranny of your vehicle and inexpensive to make.. the back wheels would be up on the dolly and the fronts would be on the ground.. to keep the wheels straight you would have 2 straps from handle bars to rear grab bar.. sounds like a cool idea and i guess you would have to think over cpl of things like how far away would it be from car and would it be to strenrous with the weight and no axle.. what do you guys think
Not a good idea................

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Get rid of the idea- now. Put your thinking into how to make the rapy faster- AFTER YOU TAKE IT OFF A LEGAL,SAFE TRAILER!!!!!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
What's your location? I have a small home made trailer that weights no more than 250-300 pounds for sale. It started as a jet ski trailer. I added diamond plate floor tie down points all lights works. It's legal I got it tagged now. I only need $350 for it. Between cost of trailer and material I'm loosing about a buck 50. It's small any kind of car could pull it. Hell I just push it around like it ain't nothing when moving. Hit me up it's in Cincinnati,Ohio. Nice trailer for one quad only. I did squeeze an 80 and 700 on once. I'll get pictures up
Here's picture with rappy on it.
pm me if interested anybody got a bigger on that fits 3 so this collecting dust but not giving away.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Terrible idea.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-l...tility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

Add a sheet of advantech and you'll be set!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
What's your location? I have a small home made trailer that weights no more than 250-300 pounds for sale. It started as a jet ski trailer. I added diamond plate floor tie down points all lights works. It's legal I got it tagged now. I only need $350 for it. Between cost of trailer and material I'm loosing about a buck 50. It's small any kind of car could pull it. Hell I just push it around like it ain't nothing when moving. Hit me up it's in Cincinnati,Ohio. Nice trailer for one quad only. I did squeeze an 80 and 700 on once. I'll get pictures up
Here's picture with rappy on it.
pm me if interested anybody got a bigger on that fits 3 so this collecting dust but not giving away.
Well if anyone wants mine it's here and negotiable on price will deliver in a 200 mile radious of Cincy but price will be 350+gas it's like liquid gold now days.

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts
BTW, that Harbor Freight trailer is on sale for $259 now with coupon (you can try printing the pic below), or ordered online using coupon number 14826242. Valid thru 2/27.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
BTW, that Harbor Freight trailer is on sale for $259 now with coupon (you can try printing the pic below), or ordered online using coupon number 14826242. Valid thru 2/27.
That's a heck of a deal. You know if your not trying to tow long distances (several hundred miles) they are actually a decent little trailer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts