Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have a toy hauler? Or have friends or family who have?

If so what are your thoughts on your experiences with them (type?) and your Raptor?

I've been looking at a few, my truck can safely pull 8500lb. (Non goose neck) So Ive been looking at Nitrous, Desert Fox and Hobbi's.

Im getting too old for the tent in cold weather! LOL! ;)

X

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Off topic didnt seem suited.)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a Skyline Rampage. I would STRONGLY suggest you look at Skyline. The name is very well known for their extremely great quality and they are the only UL certified trailer made. Skyline has been around for ages. My grandfather had his Skyline for over 30 years. Never had any problems with it. That should tell you something. It also has a lot to do with the way you take care of them.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I looked at alot of toy haulers when I bought my camper but didnt get one one. Since I was only going to use it occasionally for a toy hauler I didnt like some of the sacrifices you have to give up if dont get one big enough so it has a seperate garage. I ended up going with a 34 foot bumper hitch so i can put my quad in the back of the truck when I need to take it. The kids are still a little young to ride right now so will upgrade to a toy hauler with a seperate garage when the time comes.

If going to use it mainly as a toy hauler then the sacrifises in appeal of one without a seperate garage would be worth it.

8500 lbs will get you a good size camper mine is 34 foot with 2 slides and comes in under 8000 lbs

·
Registered
143 Posts
weekend warrior has a 18 foot bumper pull called a supercross has generator also with all the options it runs about $18,000. toy haulers that have a separate garage in the back dont seem to hold very much, but you dont have to unload it to use it. the other ones that you can park stuff all the way to the front you have to take everything out to fold down the beds. look at both and see what fits youre needs better

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I have a 28 foot Keystone Tailgator. We love it. It weighs 6000 empty and around 8000 full. We looked at the separate garages but you lose alot of room. We were told that your trailer would smell like gas but we have not had one problem with that. You will only get two full size four wheelers in the seperate garage but could fit four in the open toybox. If you get the bumper pull i would recommend that you get an Equalizer brand hitch. they are expensive but are worth it. Good luck.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a Carson Fun runner 16 ft toy hauler. Im a single guy, so it suits my needs well. I get my quad, all my camping gear, generator ect in there with room to spare. A 2nd quad in there would tighten things up a bit. This is with the quad sitting flat, not standing up.

I have a queen loft bed that stores up high at the cieling when not in use. Theres a twin bed that turns into a dinnete, small bathroom\shower, stove, sink, oven, small refer.

The trailer is about 3400 dry and empty. With the quad, gear, holding tank full, I think im at about 5k.

I pull it with an 04 Tundra, Weight Distribution, elec brake control. Does great.

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool! Thanks for the responses! BTW there are 5 of us total (Kids 16. 13, 10)! lol! :eek:

Glamis700 said:
I have a Carson Fun runner 16 ft toy hauler. Im a single guy, so it suits my needs well. I get my quad, all my camping gear, generator ect in there with room to spare. A 2nd quad in there would tighten things up a bit. This is with the quad sitting flat, not standing up.
So how is the quality of the Carson? I saw a dealer near me but never went and looked at one.

Ill also def look into the Rampage and the Keystone. I do see a lot of Rampage's out there.

Thanks for the advice on the equalizer hitch!

X

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here is a pic of mu Rampage 217. So far I have hauled a max of a Raptor 660, Raptor 700, Raptor 350 and a YZ 250 MX without any issues. I usually only haul two Raptors. I tow this with a 2002 Tundra.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tundraman said:
Here is a pic of mu Rampage 217. So far I have hauled a max of a Raptor 660, Raptor 700, Raptor 350 and a YZ 250 MX without any issues. I usually only haul two Raptors. I tow this with a 2002 Tundra.

Nice rig! Hmmm! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

X

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have the 28ft Keystone. I bring my raptor, a blaster, a 50cc quad and two 2 seat go carts (family of 6) and sometimes the 185s. I like the layout of mine with the front sleeper. However if I had the money I would probably go with the weekend warrior, I just like layout better and the extra windows.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 30 foot Fleetwood Gearbox(295FS). It's a bit heavy, but I can fit a lot in it. It holds 48 gallons of fuel and has a hose at the back to fill the quads. I have fit my Grizzly, the Kodiak, a Predator and a Wolverine 450 inside.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a 28' Desert Fox 28ks. It’s a Fiberglass hard wall model with the generator, fuel station, AC, etc. I estimate that it weighs 10,000 pounds when loaded with everything. If you want a toy hauler, get either an ultra light model or a smaller size like 24’ with aluminum siding to help keep the weight down. Keep an eye on the tongue weight when shopping for a trailer, you don’t want it real heavy. I would recommend a ultra wide size (8’6”) so you can get 2 quads side by side and make sure it has a large externally accessible storage for bulky item like chairs, outdoor mat and a BBQ.

·
Registered
517 Posts
We use a 23" bumper pull Weekend Warrior and it hauls the bathroom buggy and two quads with all the gear no problem.
Comfortable for 2 couples or 3- 4 guys no problem.

·
Registered
517 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts