Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a trade offer, I'd LOVE to trade it, they look slow from what I've seen online but his is SUPER clean so I'm not sure if he's actually gonna go thru with the trade lol. I JUST sent him bigger pix and a few vids. but I'm wondering if there's any issues these are notorious for or if it's a solid bike. can I just drop in an R1 motor and stuff later too?

I figure smaller bike plus bigger motor would = fast. plus I saw another guy has an 03 with the 05+ R6 front end complete and it's probably a bolt on far as I know, but still, I just love how clean and the color scheme is. these are pix of the actual bike the guy sent me.

if I do get it, I figure I could always work on the power part later with an R1 swap or something. or just upgrade later... dunno. mostly lookin for opinions and feedback on the R6

·
Registered
437 Posts
when i was looking into a rocket what i read was an r6 was just as fast as an r1 untill the top end and the r6 is actually snappyer but not having owned either its just speculation ive read lolbut either way its a nice bike but i wanna see the ltr lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
The R1 enigine will not fit in a R6. The R6 makes more power per liter than the R1 does. It all comes down to rider ability, a good rider on a 600cc can easily smoke the average rider on a 1000cc. I use to race an R6 and before I turned my street bike into a race bike when riding in the canyons of Colorado, and track days the people I used to ride with named my R6 the liter eater.

Judging by your post you have little or no experience on a sportbike, so a 600 is already more than you'll know what to do with. Every single 600, 750, and 1000 sportbikes are more that most people can handle stock. Only about 1% of the people that ride them (including racers) are able to ride them to there full potential. That being said, you don't need more power.

If you do trade. the first thing you need to do is raise the front and rear suspension back to the stock height. When these dumbass people lower their bikes it ruines the suspension geometry, making the bike handle like shit. Then take a motorcycle safety course.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I'm having doubts now LOL

he wants cash too, and I read this

http://i.imgur.com/edidz.jpg

and I already was thinking maybe I don't want a sport bike til I've at least ridden a cruiser/starter bike for a solid year. I've had my 750 cruiser for 6 months and don't ride it all that often so I'm steadily getting better when I do ride and just not sure I need or use all the bike is capable of.

we don't have motorcycle safety courses here, I need to go to Oahu (honolulu which is on a different island) and its a 2 day course I believe and I'll need to provide a bike. so maybe go for a week and take my bike... but unless I'm gonna be laid off or on vaca, it doesn't make sense as I have 3 kids, mortgage and other bills...

my LTR

http://www.quadracerhq.com/forum/showthread.php?15330-my-ltr450-when-I-got-it-and-now

I have it posted in this section somewhere abouts...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Keep the bike you have, you'll get hurt on a sportbike.

Since you do ride, I highly suggest taking the Mmotorcycle safety course. , they are extremely informative, helpful and they're usually held on weekend so you won't miss work.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if he wants my bike + $500, I'm probably gonna do it. but if he wants more I'm not gonna do it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heh, he said my bike + $1500, I told him I don't have that much. he said $1100... I'm over it, he has 2 rolling stand things and a nice set of gear but the bike has like 19,000 miles on it so I'm gonna look for something else and if nothing else dump more into my bobber to make it nicer :(

plus his bike isn't as nice as I thought it was.

·
Registered
111 Posts
when i was looking into a rocket what i read was an r6 was just as fast as an r1 untill the top end and the r6 is actually snappyer but not having owned either its just speculation ive read lolbut either way its a nice bike but i wanna see the ltr lol
I just sold my R6 and i have ridden an R1- your above statement is incorrect.

R1s are nasty- you can be going 120 and then decide you want to do a wheelie, and the bike has no problems with it at all...

·
Registered
594 Posts

R1s are nasty- you can be going 120 and then decide you want to do a wheelie, and the bike has no problems with it at all...
The R1 has more power than the R6 but the R6 makes more power per liter than the R1, and handles a lot better.

An R6 can hang with an R1 rider ability has a huge roll in this. Personally I have, on my R6, hung neck and neck with a racing buddy on his R1 all the way up to 176mph on a long patch of highway. The bike had a little left but traffic made us slow down.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I assure they can, I've done it many time

·
Registered
255 Posts
i dont think an r6 can go over 160mph
Really???? I have now had 3 different street bike's in 4 years and every bike i have had will do over 175. i had a 07 R6 and i had it to 176 and still had some rpm's left and i let off cause there was no point in going any faster i just wanted to see if the 600 would do 175 and it did, my buddy on the same bike was ahead of me and he said his topped out at 178.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The R1 enigine will not fit in a R6. The R6 makes more power per liter than the R1 does. It all comes down to rider ability, a good rider on a 600cc can easily smoke the average rider on a 1000cc. I use to race an R6 and before I turned my street bike into a race bike when riding in the canyons of Colorado, and track days the people I used to ride with named my R6 the liter eater.

Judging by your post you have little or no experience on a sportbike, so a 600 is already more than you'll know what to do with. Every single 600, 750, and 1000 sportbikes are more that most people can handle stock. Only about 1% of the people that ride them (including racers) are able to ride them to there full potential. That being said, you don't need more power.

If you do trade. the first thing you need to do is raise the front and rear suspension back to the stock height. When these dumbass people lower their bikes it ruines the suspension geometry, making the bike handle like shit. Then take a motorcycle safety course.
You are 110% right on the money! I ride a gsxr600 08' and keep up with my friends on their 09' R1 and 09' zx10r.. They can pull slightly on top end on the track,, but lap after lap i am just as fast or faster overall.. The lowered front end and pipe,, made me think of SQUID! What type of gear does the clown use? Nike riding shoes and a north face jacket!! LOL

If you get this bike, please take some riding lessons and buy some gear!

Pulling a wheelie at 120+ has nothing to do with overall lap times.. Most of the time if we are trying to see who is the faster rider,, we consentrate on keeping the front end on the ground.;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'd say he's wearing flip flops, shorts and a tank top so he can get a tan.

·
Registered
111 Posts
176 indicated is not 176mph actual - you have to know that wind resistance is a factor, your going about 90% of your indicated speed. so 176X90% = 158mph

1 - 17 of 17 Posts