Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We camped with a different group this trip to Glamis. One of the guys had a 1986 Honda 250r Fourtrax that was as nice as my 07 Rappy. It was all stock and clean as anything I have ever seen with the exception of a pipe. He was eyeing my bike as I was checking out his. I offered to swap bikes for a short ride.
It is easy to see why those things are so popular. Honda was way ahead of thier time in 86' with that bike. It handled very well and was too easy to jump. In the end I was happy to get back on the 700 but can't help but think that if I found one that clean for sale, it would be a nice back up bike.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
:lol:

My dad had one when I was growing up and I used to tear it around the corn fields and my grandma's house. That bike will always hold a place in my heart and to this day is better then some of the new bikes some companies are trying to sell.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The 250's are a blast. I love the powerband of a two stroke for the dunes. They are small and light, feel kinda like a 450.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
headingnorth said:
We camped with a different group this trip to Glamis. One of the guys had a 1986 Honda 250r Fourtrax that was as nice as my 07 Rappy. It was all stock and clean as anything I have ever seen with the exception of a pipe. He was eyeing my bike as I was checking out his. I offered to swap bikes for a short ride.
It is easy to see why those things are so popular. Honda was way ahead of thier time in 86' with that bike. It handled very well and was too easy to jump. In the end I was happy to get back on the 700 but can't help but think that if I found one that clean for sale, it would be a nice back up bike.
you scared me!!!! My bro has an 86 250r. its a sweet machine!!! but, I wouldn't trade my rappy for it.. I love the torque!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
250's are probably one of the best quads ever made. I had 3 of them when I raced and just recently sold my nicest one for $6000 to a guy here who wanted it after seeing it on the track. Full LT suspension built motor you name it its got it. I honestly wish I still had it.....it woudl smoke my raptor as it sits and even with the high comp piston etc I still think it would of won.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Were you at Comp hill just before sundown on sat? If so, you would have seen Junkyard and myself dragging a couple of times. He beat me by 2 bike lengths both times with his 734 kit.

I rode a TRX 250r before. They are light and nimble, but the 700 has more torque, up to date suspension, elec start, takes straight gas, has reverse and more room.

Now that I think of it I wanna say the 86 TRX only weighed 327lbs dry!!! Now that is light.

It would make a good back up bike as you say.....if you can find one for a decent price.

As for me, im trying to find a reason not to trade my 700 in for an LTR 450 like my girl just bought.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a 250R three wheeler that was the same vintage, that thing was a riot! A few of the guys I rode with back then had the TRI-z250 and the Kawi tecate. Thos where some pretty crazy days of riding!

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
GEARHEAD9969 said:
I had a 250R three wheeler that was the same vintage, that thing was a riot! A few of the guys I rode with back then had the TRI-z250 and the Kawi tecate. Thos where some pretty crazy days of riding!
I owned a Tecate and a Tecate 4.

Fun back in the day, but hated turning wrenches on them.

~Brian

·
Registered
833 Posts
Glamis700 said:
As for me, im trying to find a reason not to trade my 700 in for an LTR 450 like my girl just bought.
i feel ya i am in the same boat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts