Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have an '06 700 that is my baby. I love it to death. I'd really like to put a speedometer on it though. I'm thinking about making it street legal. How hard is it to install those Vapor computer things? All I want is the speedometer part of it. I just can't find a plain speedometer for my wheeler. So I guess I have two questions, Where do you think I could find just a regular speedometer for it? If I can't find one, how hard are the Vapor computers to hook up? Thanks a ton!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could always use some type of GPS device like a car one or something like that. My Raptor has the Vapor and while I didn't install it I read the instructions and it didn't seem dfficult at all. Pretty sure it is just a static sensor then another sensor on the hub. You set the pulses per mile and tire size and thats it. You also tap the ignition wire and get your RPM's from that. It is a really nice feature to have and very accurate. You could always try a indepedant device like a GPS speedometer but they can be pricy. Just google the Vapor installation instruction.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i got mine on an '07....easy to hook up, the hardest part is taking the wheel off.

only thing that sucks is that i have the stock bars on my bike and it doesnt fit anywhere in the middle so i had to put it on the side near the grips.

·
Registered
319 Posts
easy to do, you have to take a bolt out the rotor to replace it with the magnet, and agline the sensor.
thermostat, just cut the top tube and install,
rev counter, 2 ways, wrap the wire round the HT lead, or direct to the coil
and finally, live to the battery, as said before unless you have a billet mount that fits to the handlebar clamp, they are a bit prone to snapping off their mounts if your not careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts