Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the dedicated work of a few Raptor forum members it finally appears to be safe to buy the Vapor now and expect the tach to work reliably...
Thanks guys.

The short story is; Get the new Tach lead with resistor in-line from Trailtech.net and install it as described below.

As for the erratic tach reading, here is what you have to do and a few pictures also. You will disconnect the white connector from the coil and the you will need to bear the wire and then just install it into the white connector, and then ground underneath the reg/rec.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Re: Trail Tech Vapor comuter tachometer problem fix -

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info. What do we have to do to get the new lead wire. Who do we ask for and what do we say. Is there and charge for this new lead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

700rider said:
:thumbsup: Thanks for the info. What do we have to do to get the new lead wire. Who do we ask for and what do we say. Is there and charge for this new lead.
Call them or email them if your having trouble you'd expect them to replace it for free. Might depend on if it's under warranty or not. If not, just solder a 1K resistor in line on the red wire near the connector, no secret magic to the change, more important is attaching the other end to the coil connector.

www.TrailTech.net
E-mail: Sales:[email protected]
Technical Support: [email protected]
Phone: Main Switchboard: 360-687-4530

·
Registered
767 Posts

Ask for Jeff, he's worked with Pacanis and I for the last 2 months resolving this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good Info Coughlig. I am looking at getting one of these myself. Does Trail Tech make a dashboard for the Vapor like the ones they make for their Endurance computers? It would be nice to have the ignition key relocated to something more sturdy than the plastic clamp cover its located on now. Thanks.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes they make a dashboard as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.