Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions here what radiator hose did you install the radiator temp sensor on?
Where did you install your trail tech head unit at? Pics would be best so i can see how you installed it.
Thanx

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
so your radiator adaptor didn't come with the connector that connects in your hose? it actually replaces a bolt? Hmmm my i had to cut my hose and insert it there.
No mine came with the hose adaptor, I just decieded to drill and tap the boss in the thermostat housing that looks like it should have a sender in it anyway. :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks good!! If i had the tools i would have done that too. it looks good and your right it looks like there should be one there.

·
Super Moderator
8,214 Posts
I know this is old thread, but fl. woods I have a question for you. I also am installing a vapor and I seen your way of installing temp sensor. Have you had any issues with it in the time since being installed this way? I do not have mine installed yet and this route looks really good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed the sensor in the top radiator hose. that is where you will get the highest temp reading imo.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Guys I don't think FL. Woods Raptor has been on the forum since 2011.
I don't know details but I believe he left us and will not be back.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I don't mean to thread-jack, but I just got a vapor as well. I've been reading the older threads and it seems that the tacho line should have a resistor in it. Mine doesn't. I e-mailed trail tech and they said it shouldn't have one. Has anyone else purchased a vapor recently and just received 2 matching wires, one for power, one for tacho, and neither with a resistor?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I don't mean to thread-jack, but I just got a vapor as well. I've been reading the older threads and it seems that the tacho line should have a resistor in it. Mine doesn't. I e-mailed trail tech and they said it shouldn't have one. Has anyone else purchased a vapor recently and just received 2 matching wires, one for power, one for tacho, and neither with a resistor?
I got one last month and it has identical wires for power and tach. It works perfectly. The only problem I had was needing to set it of 0.5 pulses per revolution. Not really a problem, but it went against what the instructions said. I compared RPM with my PCV and it was showing double. It's a great little gadget

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Thanks DustyRappy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts