Raptor Forum banner

Trail Tech Vapor Tach

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  mplourde 
#1 ·
I am getting bador should i say fucked up readings on my tach..I got the 3 mods and just added the 15t sprocket and my top speed is 79.3 according to the vapor..my tire size is 21x7x10 front and 20x10x09 rear. I have 1675 on the vapor computer for tire size. Should I change it or what you think is up with this thing? Oh i weigh 205.

Appreciate the help, Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Has the tach ever worked correctly? Because nothing you do to your tires are going to mess with your tach. But the vapors do have a glitchy tach. And if you call them, they will send you a revised harnes that will fix the problem free of charge.

#5 ·
I pm'd you back.

#7 ·
Have you well ajust the PPR on your Vapor??? The PPR must be to 0.5... and check if you have used the Resistored wire for RPM sensor, look where the cable clip-on the connector near of the vaptor. You must use the resistored wire. Tap your red wire on the coil positive plug, and the black wire on the Rappy frame. I'am installed like that and it's work very very well!!!

Look on Trail tech web site, in instruction section, and find the PDF " Low voltage tach sensor ". It's well illustrated where you need to plug it!!

#8 ·
I've recieved the new harness, and it looks exactly like the first one.
Where's the resistor?

#9 ·
mack1202 said:
I've recieved the new harness, and it looks exactly like the first one.
Where's the resistor?
It will look like a small roughly 1 inch section in the wire where it looks like it has been taped kinda. It literally is just barely larger in diameter then the wire and has a rubber coating around it that kinda looks like it has been tapped up or something.

#10 ·
Thanx I'll check out. I did'nt want to waste my time installing the same wire.

#12 ·
the resistor is near of the connector of the wire, where you plug the wire in the Vapor connector. The resistor is in black heat shrink, and a little bigger than the wire...

good luck... :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Thanks for the description guy's, i found out i recieved 2 power leads instead of tach resistor wire :mad:

#14 ·
same thing happened to me. I looked and looked for the resistor and didn't have it. Finally received the right one after I called them again about a week later. Tach works good now.

#15 ·
Coool... hope we had help you!!! You're on the good way for the problem...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.