Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out a good way to mount my trail tech vapor computer. Dose any one have any good sugestions?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Get the dash! It's the best way to do it. But once you get it use the plastic dash holder that spans between the dash and risers as a template to cut a nice piece of aluminum out. And then use the aluminum because the plastic piece breaks way to easy. This pic is mine mounted on a custom chromoly +1 3/4" stem I built.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carp I've seen those how are they with the dash lights i was allways worried about the gas light coming on and that clamp and holder blocking the view and me running out of gas. I was looking at the houser riser with the anit vib steem to get a little later, so would putting that on there work?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
From a sitting position you cant see the regular dash lights. But it's not a huge issue because all you have to do is lean your head one way or the other to see them. I mean you know when you have driven a long distance and by that time you have been on and off your quad several times when you stop plus you start peeking at your dash lights periodically so I wouldn't worry about the running out of gas issue. But putting a taller stem on there doesn't make it any better to see the guages, it just makes it more comfortable of a riding position and a much stronger stem that wont bend when you sneeze on it like those oem tin stems. If you want a taller chromoly stem I can build you one for a lot less than those aftermarket stems. Here is one I just finished for another guy on here http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78481&highlight=nice+stem

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carp thanks I did take a look at the before its nice but I was looking for some thing that took more of the vibrations out. I got fat bars right now with the fasst anti vibe inserts so that helped with the arm pump.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Sure no problem man. Hey how do you like your key relocator? Mine loostens up all the time because of it being a one piece unit that just screws into the fender. Kind of a bullshit design. You would think there would be a collar underneath or something.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah when i got the adaptor i was looking at it and was wondering how it stays in there cause as soon as I put it in it kinda striped out. So i got the caulk gun out and caulked the shit out of it and a weeke later the caulk set all the way and it hasn't moved since and its been on there of a little less than a year. At first it moved wheni turned the key but now its solid.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Ah' right on that's a good idea! I think I'll give that a try thanks for the tip ;)

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your welcome. That ams oil filter how do you like it I was talking to jamie700r and he was saying it should be better and easier than the foam filters.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Oh yeah man these ams oil intakes are ten times better than any oil based intake. They filter awesome and they don't require any messy cleaning solvents or oiling. Just blow them off with an airhose to clean them. The bad thing about K&N or any oily filter is the fact that you're sucking in oil and it gets all over your sensors, injectors, etc. etc.. And K&N doesn't filter any fine dust so now you have oil and dust all over in your motor. Poor design for sure! Since I have switched it has been a night and day difference. Here is a pic of it installed and next to my old trinity K&N

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey where did you get the little filter at? i have been looking around but in all the wrong places haha let me know please ha.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks nice i guess that will have to go on the parts list. thanks

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
The little filters are at any autoparts store. They are only like five bucks but you nee to also get a double male adapter and a couple little hose clamps. The double male adapter is 3/8 to 1/2" I beleive but measure before you buy the adapter.
Yeah no problem scott. Let me know if you need one I can order it and have it shipped to your house. Looks like you already have a 3.5" adapter with that prodesign so all you will need is the filter and prefilter. :)

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carp how much are those ams oil filters with the outerwears? Is the little crank case filter nessary, i got my air box open but got the outerwear cover to keep all the junk out.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
it's like 54 for the filter and another 17 for the prefilter plus 7 for the shipping.
With the outerwear lid filter you should be o.k. so I would just call that good. Although it's nice to be sure and installing the mini filter is a sure thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts