Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a vapor with the 7/8 dashboard.anybody have any feedback on the vapor. i also noticed that they tell you to relocate the keyswitch. is there any bracket i can make so i dont have to relocate the switch?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get a Dr. D reverse lever to mount the reverse switch on your bars. Then you can relocate the key to where the reverse knob was mounted in the fender. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I also have the vapor and love it. I got the trailtech dashboard for the key mount.

On my 660, I relocated the key to the stock reverse knob location as sgfyrfyter stated above.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the vapor but I bought the clamp with speedo adaptor. I also had to buy oversized handlebars. It may cost more but it looks great. The clamp relocates the key. Go to www.trailtech.net/atv_home.htm to get a clamp then find a handlebar that you like.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just installed my trail tech vapor and i cannot get power to it? i dont know why i have a good connection to the battery. the back light will not stay on. any help??

·
Registered
66 Posts
where did u get power to the vapor? is your ground good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the battery + and -.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i just ordered mine, everyone post pics of how yours is installed i have the protaper se bars thinking about mounting it in the middle of the bar pad like cutting the pad out for it to sit recessed into, shouldnt be to hard to do i dont think but will find out when it gets here

Ben

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a vapor mounted in the trail tech mounting unit. It looks nice and feels safe there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok i got my power figured out. when you get your vapor you are supposed to be a power wire and a rpm wire. the difference between the two are the rpm wire has a capacitor right below the wire harness and the power wire does not. they sent me two wires with the capacitor on it. so i just cut of the capacitor on the power wire reconnected the wire ends and it powered up.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I finally installed mine yesterday and man this thing is sick! The rpm's do jump a little every 5 seconds or so but they go all the way up so I am ok with that. I just did the wrap method too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
do you do anything over the wire once you wrap it around like shrink wrap or something

Ben

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the kit come with everything you need ?
$120 seems like a great deal.
How long does it take to install?

·
Registered
305 Posts
shadowsvt said:
Does the kit come with everything you need ?
$120 seems like a great deal.
How long does it take to install?
The vapor has plastic bar clamps to mount it down. They offer a nice dashboard to mount it down better and it looks sharp, but other then that its complete. Skill level and tools will depend on how long it takes to install. But i would say a few hours. Speed sensor requires removing the wheel and hub. Theres a temp sensor you need to cut the radiator hose and ad an insert. RPM you need to rap a wire around your spark plug wire and another to ground. Then you also need to run both your main positive and negative back to the battery. Takes a bit of time to run the wire and zip tie them up cleanly. Doesnt seem long but i can see several hours if you take your time. You should be able to find them alot cheaper then 120.00 if you look hard enough. If not PM me and ill point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
[CHAMP said:
]
do you do anything over the wire once you wrap it around like shrink wrap or something

Ben
I used electrical tape to cover it up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts