Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does everybody get their Quads around. I have been standing my wife's Raptor 350 and my 660 on end in the back of my truck, and because it is a short bed crew cab GMC, I am having to really muscle the second bike to get it up there. I was wondering if anybody had some tips on how to better load the bikes, or where to get a trailer for cheap.

·
Registered
350 Posts
one in the bed one in the trailer.....buy a trailer :grin_nod:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Harbor freight has some quite cheap trailers.

Ramps are almost a necessity with truck loading.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
trail is really the way to go. so much safer. i load the automatic gizzly 125 in the back of my truck and put my raptor,wife's ltz250, and lt80 on my 5x8 trailer i bought off a guy who was selling his quads. got a good deal on the trailer and has been worth every cent i paid. i use to fly my raptor in the bed of my truck with the cheap bifold ramp i have.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I've got like a 5 or 6 ft ramp that folds in half... It is easy to ride right into my truck ( a 2500 Dodge Diesel). If you can halfway ride your quad, putting it in the bed shouldn't be hard.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Nice trailer dude 8) where did you get it???

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Jeep probably understeers like a bugger with that baby on there. ;)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
20 or 200? I dont see how you made that for 20, please explain :3question:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Limited660 said:
20 or 200? I dont see how you made that for 20, please explain :3question:
If you have access to a nice welder and some time then buying some steel for it wouldnt be very much. Especially if you found some scrap yard or something. A friend of mine built his whole atv trailer (wheels, axle and all) for under $100 dollars and it look great. If you have the skill and tools you can do some damn cool things. 8)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I know how to weld :grin_nod: I know its not hard, just hard to believe he got all that for under 20

·
Registered
786 Posts
I got the alum. from a scrap loading ramp that I cut in half and the angle iron and square tubing was donated from work ;). All i had to buy was the tail lights I installed cause it blocks the Jeep lights and the 2x6 I made ramps with witch arent in the picture. Actually it dont weigh anymore than the popup I use to pull, its squats a little but not bad. I sure do get alot of people staring at me though. :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm only a sophomore in mechanical engineering, but I can already tell you that you need to watch yourself putting that much weight on certain hitches. Especially a jeep, lol.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I built a unit like this for a buddies old scout to haul around his jet ski, man the lakes we got to with that setup were amazing. I never thought i'd see a quad like that though, but I guess a jet ski is in about the same weight as a sport quad. Nice job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
786 Posts
They sell something similar on the internet for almost $600. I new I could do it alot cheaper so I gathered the parts and did it. Im no engineer, but Ive had zero issues with it. I have a class 3 hitch so I dont think <400lbs is too much. I have full coverage if it ever decides to go south ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts