Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about summer time i bought a small open trailer with ramp now during xmas my older brother decides to get a birt bike and one for his son, tried to get them into the raptor scene but he likes the bike thing better. now i need some thing to haul a raptor 700r, honda 4x4, grizzly 660r, and 2 honda dirtbikes :eek: . i was saving for an enclosed trailer(from an other post) from the responses that i got from you guys, and now dont have a frakin clue. any suggestions would be great. p.s i'm the only one in the family with a truck :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was going to buy a Weekend Warrior but they are way overpriced. Stay away from gearbox they fall apart as well as baja toyhaulers. Thor makes a good toyhauler plus they come with more standard features than Weekend Warrior. I have a friend who works as the warrenty rep. if you look at the specs. Thor as more over all cargo space. You have to be careful on the toy hauler they measure from the rear door into the front of the kitchen. I am not sure what your pulling with it but the 22FK edition, should be more than enough plus its a feather lite so you can tow it with your 1/2 truck. Plus if you stack right the quad should fit into the cargo space and you can always put the bikes in the kitchen. I am really close to buying my toyhauler I have to put a sandrail and my raptor in one.

http://www.thorca.com

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
You should be able to buy a toy hauler and still haul everything. Here is a pic of my friend’s trailer. It has 6 quads in it. Banshee Honda 400 (3) Honda 250’s (1) Honda 90. :thumbsup: Also I have heard plenty of stories from hell :mad: on all manufactures of trailers. Just get a good warranty. My Gear Box works fine for me!! Oops... I'll have to make the pic smaller to send it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Just get a standard 16-18 foot long landscaping trailer. That's what my friend uses. We've had my old Foreman 450, a Polaris 500, Polaris 330 ATP, and a Honda Rancher on there with plenty of room for gas cans and coolers between the last quad and the rear ramp.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Enclosed are the most logical choice. They are impervious to the weather, theft resisitant and conviniant.

Open trailers are economical and light weight.

If your just doing day runs, a regular "cargo or Racer" trailer would work well.

If you need living quarters, a Toybox is the only way to go. They cost more, but its for a reason.

I personally have one quad. I tow a 16ft Carson Funrunner Toybox, and it does what I need it to do. I paid $10K for it. Only upgrade is the queen bed in the loft.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a 28' toy hauler which is great for overnighters but if I just want to make a day trip with friends and/or family and save gas and hassle, I take my 16' open car trailer. It fits 4 atvs without having to stand any of them up and tows much better than the toybox. I also have a 4'x8' single place flat bed trailer for the occasion that I want to go out by my self or I can throw a second one in the pickup.

If I were to buy just one trailer, I would consider an enclosed car hauler or toybox. The enclosed trailer would be lighter (cheaper and easier on the truck to tow) and cost less than the toybox and allow you some shelter, security and the ability to sleep in it if you choose to. The toybox is obviously heavier, more expensive and more to tow but gives you great flexibility for trips and is nice and comfortable. Pick you poison, they all have their pros and cons.

·
Registered
429 Posts
We use a 24' v-front steel snowmobile trailer ( trailwind ). The ergo's are awesome but the weight sucks, you need a 3/4 ton minimum to pull it. I use pingle wheel chocks for the bikes, I made quick disconnect tidowns to so it doesn't affect hauling sleds or quads. Ours is set up with benches generator and all the goodies. You can find steel trailers used for less than $3500. The ride on ride off ramps work great, especially if you want to unload something from the front. The next trailer I buy will be aluminum, More dough but they are a lot lighter to pull.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Go with the toybox. You can store your bikes inside when not using them and save some garage space. You would be amazed at what you can fit inside if stacked correctly. I have a 38.5 Sierra 5th wheel and fit 2 700's, 1 YFZ 450, 1 Raptor 80, 1 Raptor 50 and a Rhino. Yeah, some are standing up and it took some thought but they fit comfortably. It's like having a portable garage. I agree with everyone else, an open trailer is nice for day trips.

·
Registered
202 Posts
if it was me, id tell everyone else to get a truck lol, i love stuffing my quad in the back of my truck and going on my way, than again i havnt done any night trips so i dunno.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
headingnorth said:
I have a 38.5 Sierra 5th wheel and fit 2 700's, 1 YFZ 450, 1 Raptor 80, 1 Raptor 50 and a Rhino.

Now that is skill! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
154 Posts
The down fall to the toy box is unless you can ride from the campground to the dunes you need to pick up camp every morning. I dont know about alll states but in Michigan I am ok hauling my 26 ft Fith wheel then hooking my 16 ft landscape trailer to the back of the fith wheel. That way we just haul the landscape bak and forth to the dunes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.