Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is where it would go. What are some good trail riding/ xc front 21x7-9 tires. I'm looking for 6 ply tires, I was looking at the razr 2s and the kenda klaw xc tires. dose what are you running and dose any one have some feed back on these?

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
i have the kenda claws on mine and they do very nice on all dirt ,sand,mud,ect... i just bought another set of them for the new rim's i going to get !don't know on the razor's but from people on here and one's i have talk to they are very good and got a good rep . but as for the price the kenda is less.imo they are a (identical) tire's from what i have read ,as far as performance go's.but again i have not ridden anything with razor's on it! i got mine from here http://www.atvtirestore.com/ best price i found ,but i always say check our site sponsor's first.well good luck let us know what you get .:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
I like the razr fronts, never had any issues with then on both quads I used them on

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I love my Razr 2 up front. The braking traction is alot better and front end push in the turns is infinitely helped compared to the stock tires. Plus they are like the coolest looking tires ever

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I love Maxxis and love Kenda Klaws up front, cant go wrong with either, careful that the fronts are 21x7x10 and not 9 as you wrote.

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
I love Maxxis and love Kenda Klaws up front, cant go wrong with either, careful that the fronts are 21x7x10 and not 9 as you wrote.
+1 ya good catch! that would suck to get all happy and then get the wrong size :(

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i was thinking of the 9" rears but yes it would be the 10" wheel. and thanks for the info.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
I love my Razr 2 up front. The braking traction is alot better and front end push in the turns is infinitely helped compared to the stock tires. Plus they are like the coolest looking tires ever
I've got 22" Gators on the back of my raptor and its got the stock 21" tires on the front and today was the first time I got to do a little different terrain since I bought the machine and I noticed it likes to push the front tires rather than turn. I may look into a set of 23" tires for the front with a little better pattern, maybe that will help a bit.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I've got 22" Gators on the back of my raptor and its got the stock 21" tires on the front and today was the first time I got to do a little different terrain since I bought the machine and I noticed it likes to push the front tires rather than turn. I may look into a set of 23" tires for the front with a little better pattern, maybe that will help a bit.
There ya go, for XC and rough trails 22" rear and 23" front is the way to go get all the ground clearance you can get!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Razr 2 all the way up front, Great grip and tough..

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have ran both the kenda and the razr2's. For the price the kenda is a real good tire for XC but if you can spend a little bit more money, go with the Razr 2's. The steering and braking are unreal. It looks like we ride about the same terrain so they should do well for you also.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
raptorman its rock rock and more rock lol. I'm running the kutters 20x11x9 mainly and keeping those 22x12x9 bearklaws as spares or when its snowing or muddy. i dont want to go to high but the stock size seams to be doing good so i would like to keep the 21x7x9 sizing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts