Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking here since this is where I got them but anyone is free to answer.. I burnt a bulb on one of my halogen trailtechs (55w). One is a flood the other is a high beam and it's the high beam that died.

Questions!

1. Are these standard bulbs that I can get pretty much anywhere or do I need to order them from Trailtech (or a retailer such as TQS)? The bulbs have trailtech logo on them so it doesn't look too good... lol

2. Are the flood and high beam bulbs different? Guessing not, but since I plan on buying a couple of replacements I figure I should make sure

Other than that I'm pretty surprised at how long it lasted to begin with. I ride my bike through some insane stuff and they lasted longer than any other light I've had on the Raptor, including stock bulbs.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP!!! Steve? Anyone?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
the used TT's I got came with some extra bulbs that looked like the kind you can buy at any harware store - just GE's. Not sure how they hold up (never ended up running them), but that's what the guy I got them from was running anyway.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Personally, I would just replace the bulb with a generic bulb, as long as the wattage and voltage is the same, you should be good. I'm pretty sure its the shape of the housing/reflector that creates the high beam effect combined with a brighter bulb... not just a "special" bulb.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took 'em out and it looks like the reflector is integrated with it, it's a complete unit. Anyway guess I'll check the hardware store and if I have no luck there I'll check back with Steve or maybe Trailtech directly. Sucks to have to order bulbs from the US though, I bet it won't be cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts