Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

has anyone tried these yet? I figure the "light where you're looking not where your quad is pointing too" will help alot during the night so I'm willing to give this kit a try. I was previously looking at handle-bar mounted lights but I like current shape of the quad without a big light or two on the handlebars, plus I figure I'll be able to make quicker moves looking at the left or right then with my handlebars, which don't just control where I'm lighting but the quad itself. Helmet seems like a better solution. They offer "spot lights" and "flood lights" now by logical conclusion I can figure out that a spot light points in a specific place and a flood just floods everywhere but can anyone tell me what's in their opinion the best combination? 1 spot 1 flood, 2 spots, 2 floods or perhaps one or the other.

Erik

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe for any kit that Trailtech makes, they send 1 spot and 1 flood light. I have these on my 700r and I love them. I still have to do the write ups on there products for the clamps, bars, Vapor Mount, Vapor Computer and HID's. But for now, just to give you a comparison, the single HID flood light was superior to both the OEM lights!!!

:thumbsup:

Mr. C

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CaliRaptor700r said:
I believe for any kit that Trailtech makes, they send 1 spot and 1 flood light. I have these on my 700r and I love them. I still have to do the write ups on there products for the clamps, bars, Vapor Mount, Vapor Computer and HID's. But for now, just to give you a comparison, the single HID flood light was superior to both the OEM lights!!!

Mr. C

Hey Cali,

on the other page ( http://www.trailtech.net/helmet_mounted_light_kits_1.htm ) you do indeed get to choose between 2 floods, 2 spots
or 1flood 1 spot. I'll probably end up going with the easy solution ,get one of each.

Erik

·
Registered
343 Posts
Rapt7ooR said:
CaliRaptor700r said:

Mr. C

Hey Cali,

on the other page ( http://www.trailtech.net/helmet_mounted_light_kits_1.htm ) you do indeed get to choose between 2 floods, 2 spots
or 1flood 1 spot. I'll probably end up going with the easy solution ,get one of each.

Erik
Yes, correct, you do get to choose which ever ones you want, but Trailtech recommends using 1 spot and 1 flood for all around coverage, for bar or frame mounting, not sure about helmet mounting, especially if you only have 2 lights, but that would probably be different if you had lets say 4-6 lights like on a Rhino.

Nonetheless, they are baddass lights.

Peace.

Mr. C

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figure if ever the five o starts following me switch off my quad's lights so they can't see which way my brake light is turning from far away and just keep my helmet lights on :grin_nod: Just to add to the tease they might not see me but they'll hear me for sure.. Btw what's a loud pipe I could get for my rappy? I was thinking about an HMF, are those considered loud? I'm guessing it has to be louder then the stock at least. Any diff if I get a slip-on or full system (I'm guessing yes). Thanks for all the help. Keep on riding everyone :thumbsup:

Erik

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump,

someone tell me what's considered a lound pipe amongst popular names

Dr D
HMF
2Brothers
LNS or something (twin pipe)
gytr
FMF

I know I'm probably missing some, looking for opinions thanks.

erik

1 - 7 of 7 Posts