Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my buddy got me the Vapor for my B-day. Now I've gotta come up with a mount. Just looking for some opinions and options for a good quality solution. Looks like you gotta relocate the key no matter what, right? So, what solutions have you all come up with that have these, and any things to consider when doing so. I hope this is a new one where the Tach is fixed! TIA...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FuelATV...sponsor here now (it's in my signature, too).

·
Registered
182 Posts
I made a plate that bolts onto the handle bar clamps. It doesn't look like everyone elses, and doesn't block my view of the factory idiot lights.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the TrailTech dashboard block the lights? I'm thinking that it might, but I've not seen it installed so I'm guessing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It does if your seated. But half my riding is from that posision, so yea, not the best for me. You can see them find if you stand though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the mount and really like it alot. Only the dashboard for the bigger bars has the key mount on it. So if you want to put your key there you will need to get 1 1/8" bars as well. I got the tall x bars from trail tech. They are only about an 1" higher and they are very comfortable. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regarding different height of bars, is there anything to go by to determine low, med or high bars are the most appropriate? I find the stock height to be fine to me, but don't have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The guys at trail tech told me that the med. bars are about the same height as stock and the high bars are just under 1" taller than stock. I find them very comfortable. They also told me that they recommend the taller than stock for anyone over 5'7". Hope this helps. If I were you I would call them cause they are very willing to help.

·
Registered
610 Posts
mick14 said:
They also told me that they recommend the taller than stock for anyone over 5'7".
hmmm :confused: I wonder what their reasoning is for this :3question:

Back in the day ::).... when I had time to golf and started getting into it (yes, there is such a thing :lol:).... I was told that generally speaking a tall golfer uses the same size clubs as a short golfer if the person is built proportionate. Why? Because their hands would fall the same distance above the ground. The taller person has longer arms. Get it? ;) Taking that theory, why would a taller ATV rider need higher bars?
I can understand trying to get a custom feel... what feels right for the rider's normal riding position and type of riding, but I don't understand the "this height person needs this height handlebar" rationality. Not unless you are also giving them a higher seat to give them more leg room, then their arms might be further away from the bars.

At least that's what I'm thinking, but I am under the influence of a lot of cold meds today....

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I mounted my Vapor on the crossbar of my pro taper SE bars using the 1 1/8 mount and it clamped on beautifuly.

·
Registered
239 Posts
that looks bomb as thats exactly where i will be putting mine

Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.