Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - I am thinking about buying the Vapor and bar clamp from TechQuadShop - I am not wanting to get the trailtech handlebars, since i already have an aftermarket set, and love them- - i just have a few questions b4 i actually buy -
1.Is the Speedometer ACCURATE ? ? (i mean like within a couple mph)
2.Are the RPMs ACCURATE ? (i know there was some major problems with this in the past)
3.Anyone have the bar clamp & vapor - AND have handlebars with a crossbar ? ? (how is seeing the Vapor)
4.I can take the bar clamp apart and remove the keyhole, CORRECT ? (want ignition in reverse hole)
5.How difficult is the installation ? (a couple hours? - whats the hardest part?)
6.I can get the bar clamp and Vapor for $175 shipped - anyone knw of a better deal??

Thanks Guys
Aaron Plattner

·
Registered
575 Posts
i have the vapor and the hardest part would be hooking the speedo up and calibrating it. mine stopped working, so i dunno. everything else works fine though.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ill try and answer some of those questions. The speedo is right on for me, I even tested it against a police radar box and it was perfect. My rpm's are perfect too and read the exact same as my friends tach testing thingy ( no clue what its called). Install takes about 1.5 hours or so and its a breeze. I have pro tapers with the crossbar but I just used the factory clamp and it worked great, im not sure about the aftermarket housings cause I just stuck with the provided unit. That deal sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry i keep saying bar clamp - I am talking about that dasboard that techquadshop gave the link too....
Alright, well i will be geting in touch with ya techquad.... I think i will go ahead and get it... i am going to wait until i get my shocks back, just so i know the cost of them, before i go spending more money..

I am still worried a little about the dahboard and Vapor - with my having a croosbar on my handlebars... like how easy it will be to actually see the Vapor over the crossbar....
- - ANYONE have a pic of the dashboard and vapor on a bike with crossbar handlebars ? ?
I would greatly appreciate seeign that..

Plattner

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I honestly think the crossbar will be in the way. It may not but from looking at it that be my guess.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea - -i am talking with TechQuad - I tihnk i am just goin to buy a set of xbars from them the 1 1/8 bars.... so hopefully they wont bend...

- - I just dont know what BEND to get.... I am 6ft 5 in tall.... so i definantly dont want anything lower than the factory bars.... i wonder about the high bend... what do you all tihnk ? ? /

Plattner

·
Registered
767 Posts
I got the Hi-bend and could maybe even go for something higher. (I'm 6' 3") The Dashboard also adds some rise.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I have the dashboard with mid bend and its about the same as stock, get the x bars, very nice :) and the comp is easy to see.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Ok had a 3 day weekend ride with my new vapor and dashboard so Ill give you my results.

1) Speedo= It seemed off when I rode it the first time, so I got to camp before anyone else so I got out my trucks Navigation system and I checked the speedo and it was dead on with the GPS.

2) I had some initial problems with speedo but after advise on here and alot of old post reading it works good now. I have no bouncing and it seems to be spot on.

3)I think a cross bar will block it partially but if your taller I think you can still see it but not positive.

4)Pretty sure keyhole can be removed

5)Installition was pretty easy and just takes time more than anything. Probally less than 2 hours depending on if you research tach install before or after initial install lol

6)Sounds like a good price

1 - 10 of 10 Posts