Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys - I am ordering trailtech xbars.. with the vapor, and dashboard....

Should i get black bars.... or polished bars.... ? ? ?
I mean the dashboard and vapor with be polished - so it would match with the polished bars,,... or with the black bars the dashboard and vapor would like stand out more...
Which do you all think ? ?
quick responses are appreciated... i told Steve at techquad i would call him right back

here are a couple pics of my bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: TrailTech X Bars... - help needed fast...

The bars that are on there now are more of a grey color than polished... even tho they dont look like it....
I will also have those exact same spider grips on these new trailtech bars... just fyi...

So black bars with dashboard... or polished bars... ? ?

Plattner

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

I say go with black only because you have nothing else thats polished that i can tell. Might even think about getting them painted the same color as the nerfs. just my humble opinion.. WOODY

·
Registered
1,547 Posts

black bars would be sweet. do they make them in red?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yea they make them in red - and that was my first thougt too - but the red isnt the same red thats in my bike... its a darker red... i think i might go with black.... Black was my first thought... but then Steven was talkgin about the polished...
Woody - your right i dont have anything else that is polished... i thought about getting them powder coated also... so you think go with the black ? / maybe in the futur powdercoating..

Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

would still like more suggestions... im not going to call him back for another 30 minutes...
all suggestions are welcome..

thanks guys

·
Registered
261 Posts

hey i think the black would be way better . i've had the blk before w/ crome clamps they give you. the black goes nice against the white and accents all the other blk on the quad.

the trail tech red may not match perfect to the candy apple the raptor has

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

Black :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

alright - you all are awesome - i love the quick responses... thanks a bunch !! ! !

I am going to go with BLACK... I am goign to call steve now..

Thanks again guys..
Plattner - I know i said i was going to wait like 30 minutes - but youall are saying black - and that was my originial thought... so thats what i am getting..

·
Registered
261 Posts

i just happen to be online now :grin_nod:. black against the white plastics will look nice 8) . i forgot if they have both gloss and flat but, go with gloss finish :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

hell if ya wait another 30 days you might win the month of May prize. But yah i would go with the black ones.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

Hey you just gave me an Idea. lol I want a Vapor with a mounting kit. how much did you pay. just wondering thanks.... WOODY

·
Registered
4,785 Posts

plattner said:
alright - you all are awesome - i love the quick responses... thanks a bunch !! ! !

I am going to go with BLACK... I am goign to call steve now..

Thanks again guys..
Plattner - I know i said i was going to wait like 30 minutes - but youall are saying black - and that was my originial thought... so thats what i am getting..
8) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks again for all the suggestions - i went with BLACK - ill post pics once i get everything installed

Woody - I am kinda confused about that link you posted up - Where will it put those "8 lights" ? ? Bcs even with the Vapor and dashboard - i will still have the display on the top of the radiator - that like shows R or oil light and stuff like that...
so on our atvs where will it put those 8 lights... i wonder ?

Plattner

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

Just reqad over the page again and I dont think it worth it. 1) we dont need turn signals indicators 2) dont really need high/low beam indicators. 3) we already have a temp light and a Reverse light. So its a waste of time sorry lol thought it was cool at first but no so much now LOL. later WOODY

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

HAHAH - -we think alike - bcs i gave TRAILTECH a call ... they said it is pretty much worthless for the raptors.... but anyway - it does look cool - just wouldnt do much for us... ha ha

oh ya - Everyone - I ended up going with the "high bend" - - anyone think this will be TOO high ? ? since i am installing the dashboard also ?
I am 6ft 5in tall.... steve said that if it is too tall, then to give him a call, and he will let me return them for the mid bend...

Plattner

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

how big of a boy are ya. -- 6ft 5in well thats just more ass to be kicked.. LMAO sorry... I think high bend would do you just find. So much did you end of spending. if you dont mind me asking. WOODY

1 - 20 of 24 Posts