Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was having some trany trouble and found out what it was. 2nd gear was missing 4teeth and the pinion gear was also in bad shape all the others looked new. couple questions. first how do you get the 2nd/3rd pinoin gear off? looks like maybe the reverse gear is pressed on not sure how it comes off. Also while I have it apart thought about putting a big bore job. so can you bore these out or do you have to buy a new jug?

Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
What size big bore are you doing? you can bore a stock cylinder to a 102mm(686cc) or if you have your cases bored and have a bigger sleeve installed in your cylinder you can have a 105mm(727cc)motor. What kind of rod is on your crank? If its stock I would look into a better rod or new crank with HD rod as the stockers are weak. You can pick up a stock stroke crank less then $250 or you could look into a stroker:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my motor is stock. I wouldnt mind a little more power but I also want it to be able to run on regular gas. What size piston is stock?

·
Registered
255 Posts
the gear is pressed on and real well might i add, you need a big press. when time comes to assemble there are specs on how far to press in back on in the manual. do a search and try to find one on this forum, they are easy to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts