Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 Raptor 660 and was trail riding and got to the end of the trail to turn around.When I started to turn around my Rappy would not take gear..I adjusted the clutch and everything..I dont understand cause I rode it earlier in the day and it was fine..So please help me before I blow it up.... :help:I put it on a jack and started it up and put it in gear and the wheels would turn but not all that good...The chain has alot of slack in it but I am not sure if that has alot to do with anything to do with my trouble that I am having....

·
Registered
65 Posts
what gear are you going?
got a 01 raptor and blowed the stock tranny, second gear is not tough enough to handle the power, I got my 03 tranny out of a crashed, rolled and totally destroyed raptor (arms, axle, handle bars, etc.), though engine and tranny were good (after crash, engine and tranyy would still run :grin_nod: ), the rider was a total dumbass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always start out in 1st cause that is the gear that you are suppose to start out in or am I wrong about that....I can try every gear to take off and none of them will let me take off...How can you adjust the chain in the Rappy cause mine has alot of slack in it and I would like to tighten it up if there is a way to do that... :feedback:

·
Registered
77 Posts
dude, check youre sprockets for wear if the bike will not go in any gear. AS far as the chain the bolts are on the swing arm right above the axle. That will adjust the chain. I think you have a bigger problem than that!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
It seemed like the same thing was going on with my bike when I blew up my clutch. A couple plates shattered and nothing was spinning inside, so it was hung between gears. Troubleshoot a little more, if you still cant get it to work, check your clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts