Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I pulled engine to have port work done and rering the Raptor ran and shifted fine. After I put the engine back in I'm having issues shifting. When I pulled the engine I didn't touch the clutch cable or reverse cable. Now when I downshift and go into 1st gear it wants to go into reverse and I can't find neutral. Could the reverse cable be out of adjustment to cause this problem. Like i said it worked fine before I pulled engine and the only thing I did on engine was tear top end off, didn't touch bottom end of engine. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
could be routed wrong or the cable could be seized.. the cable goes into the very bottom of the motor check that its working properly

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Before I pulled engine to have port work done and rering the Raptor ran and shifted fine. After I put the engine back in I'm having issues shifting. When I pulled the engine I didn't touch the clutch cable or reverse cable. Now when I downshift and go into 1st gear it wants to go into reverse and I can't find neutral. Could the reverse cable be out of adjustment to cause this problem. Like i said it worked fine before I pulled engine and the only thing I did on engine was tear top end off, didn't touch bottom end of engine. Any suggestions?
You may have bent the reverse lever when removing the engine, make sure this lever moves freely and it has a spring on it to pull itself towards the engine, if it is pulled out or away from the motor, it will go into reverse...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts