Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2007 Raptor 700r SE..from a dealership and it's under 6 month's old...b/c it is still under warranty till the end of April. They said it had between 20-30hrs. on it.. anyways i rode it yesturday for the first time and the transmission seemed like it was making kindof a loud noise. I rode a buddies 07 YFZ and noticed it made the same noise. Then i rode another buddies Bill Balance YFZ and i'm pretty sure it's making the same noise. So idk if this is normal or not but i have a full skid plate and so does the first YFZ rode. But i just got through tightening and locktighting all of my bolts on my skid plate before i went riding. My buddies also thought that it could be the front sprocket making the noise. I was just wondering if anybody else has noticed this. thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
get an exaust and the noise will go away lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 07 SE2 makes the same noise, kind of a gear clatter & from what I've read on here it is perfectly normal. I have the same type of noise coming from my banshee which is actually a little louder. Guess it's a Yamaha thing.

·
Registered
767 Posts
We call it Raptor Noise. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I asked the same thing on here when I first got mine. It does appear to be normal. Mine still runs like a champ. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
so the valve and timing chain noise is normal!!! good i thought i was going insane, well i will just say it it growling at its next prey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.