Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that when I shift to 2nd it makes a noise so as I suspected this is the culprit here!!!! I found this under the oil pump when I removed it.... also Why am I having so much difficulty pulling the starter clutch,you know where the oneway bearing goes...Man it does not budge!!!!! Any ideas!!!!! Please!!!!! I have the round puller tool but the bolt snapped so I have to buy a better one....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
The flywheel can be very tight... when it comes free it can sound explosive!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up!!!! Hearing something like that I will automatically think I screwed up something....much appreciated Sir!!!! Any input helps!!!! "Be safe"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a question about the Hot Rods bearings,I bought an entire kit for the rebuild I'm about to do,because the guys I bought the cases from, they said the bearings were good but I noticed the bearings have like a discolored in the center where the rod go through follow me? So I figured I don't know how long this bearings been in the case so might as well change them right? Now are this Bearings any good? Kinda late to asked but hey.... I'm still waiting for them....

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a question about the Hot Rods bearings,I bought an entire kit for the rebuild I'm about to do,because the guys I bought the cases from, they said the bearings were good but I noticed the bearings have like a discolored in the center where the rod go through follow me? So I figured I don't know how long this bearings been in the case so might as well change them right? Now are this Bearings any good? Kinda late to asked but hey.... I'm still waiting for them....

Any pictures of the bearing?

When I split cases, I always replace the bearings(if it's mine), and recommend it if it's someone elses.
Just as prevenative maintenance(don't want to do the job twice).
If they are still spinning smoothly, and don't sound bad(roar or grind), most of the time they are ok.
But, the crank bearings do have more load on them than the transmission bearings do too.
I would just wait and replace them, better safe than sorry.
Getting in a hurry usually comes back to haunt you later.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

When I split cases, I always replace the bearings(if it's mine), and recommend it if it's someone elses.
If they are still spinning smoothly, and don't sound bad(roar or grind), most of the time they are ok.
But, the rod bearings do have more load on them than the transmission bearings do too.
First and last picture is the same bearing,but I took the last one so you can see fron which case it was,now the second picture the big bearing with the Phillips screws that bearing when I turn that round ring it rolls but it gets hard on 2 spots and then it runs smooth then on the same 2 spots it gets tight,the third picture is the case with the reverse and neutral sensor,that's the bearing you see the other 2 little ones are good,but this case is missing the big bearing crankshaft goes,maybe is the seal bearing I believe!!! But I thought about the same thing you said,migh as well install new bearings and have a piece of mind,because for sure I don't want to go through this again!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts

But, the rod bearings do have more load on them than the transmission bearings do too.
Edit
I reread this, and it should say Crank bearings
not Rod bearings

·
Registered
529 Posts
First and last picture is the same bearing,but I took the last one so you can see fron which case it was,now the second picture the big bearing with the Phillips screws that bearing when I turn that round ring it rolls but it gets hard on 2 spots and then it runs smooth then on the same 2 spots it gets tight,the third picture is the case with the reverse and neutral sensor,that's the bearing you see the other 2 little ones are good,but this case is missing the big bearing crankshaft goes,maybe is the seal bearing I believe!!! But I thought about the same thing you said,migh as well install new bearings and have a piece of mind,because for sure I don't want to go through this again!!!! Thanks

The "discolored" inner race is showing some wear, and since one bearing has tight spots, definately replace them all, as they all should have the same amount of hours/use on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts