Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A TRIALTECH VAPOR.. ARE THEY N-E GOOD?? ARE THEY ACCURATE??..JUST CHECKING AROUND BEFORE I SPEND THE MONEY.....THANKS

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I love mine and it seems to be pretty accurate. I tested the speedo with GPS and it was right on and the tach seems to be right on. The only time the speedo seems to get off is under really fast acceleration, not sure if it just takes time to get the reading or if the front tires not making solid contact so its messing the speed up. Temp, clock and distance are all nice little items to have right in front of you as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I love mine and I far as I can tell its really accurate after the intial setup which is real easy. Installing is not that hard either for if I can do it anybody can. Wouldnt never go with out one now that I am use to having one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HOW DOES IT MOUNT?? OR DO YOU HAVE TO BUY A MOUNT KIT FOR IT...I WONT IT ON MY HANDLE BARS...

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
2slow4u said:
HOW DOES IT MOUNT?? OR DO YOU HAVE TO BUY A MOUNT KIT FOR IT...I WONT IT ON MY HANDLE BARS...
It comes with a mount that you can use on your handle bars or you can buy the dash kit which looks really nice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
make sure you have the wire with the resistor on it, and follow your spark plug wire to a white box(i think), then plug it in the back of that, theres a big write on here somewhere.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DO YOU HAVE TO SPLICE THE WIRES INTO ANOTHER WIRE, OR DOES IT PLUG IN WITH CLIPS???

·
Registered
575 Posts
take the connector off he back, put the wire in it and then push it back on and it should work perfect.

·
Registered
259 Posts
landshark55 said:
Whats the best way to hook up the tach?
I just split the wire that came with it into a single black and a single red wire and grounded the black and wrapped the red wire around the spark plug wire and put some black tape over it. As far as mounting it I just mounted mine to my stock dash. I will post some pics this evening.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I love mine and the features it has definatly come in handy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
No you just keep the wire in its insulation and wrap it around the plug wire about 10 times (i did more because you have plenty). Trim it then crimp a connector on the black wire and screw it on the ground of the battery and there you go instant rpm the tach was the easiest thing. Are you actually installing it or just asking for future reference?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
On the 700 you cant connect the tach to the spark plug wire unless you want it to bounce around and not be accurate. You have to install it to the coil input connector. You just strip the wire (make sure its the one with the resistor in it, it is small like a grain of rice) unhook the spade connector and rehook it with the wire in it. You can go to trailtechs site and look up the install instructions for Low Voltage tach install. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
landshark55 said:
I heard the wraping the wire thing was not good?
Wrapping the wire around the spark plug wire? Why not, mine has been working just fine. Also when you tighten the speedometer lead at the wheel be careful not to overtighten because its pretty easy to break.Also, let me know about why thats a bad thing to wrap the wire around the plug wire (I dont see how) cause I will change mine if it benefits me.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
dberry367 said:
landshark55 said:
I heard the wraping the wire thing was not good?
Wrapping the wire around the spark plug wire? Why not, mine has been working just fine. Also when you tighten the speedometer lead at the wheel be careful not to overtighten because its pretty easy to break.Also, let me know about why thats a bad thing to wrap the wire around the plug wire (I dont see how) cause I will change mine if it benefits me.
Its a issue on the 700's

Look at these instructions (Vapor Low Voltage Tach Sensor Installation)

http://www.trailtech.net/instructions.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts