Raptor Forum banner

Trickle Charge Recommendation

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  burntrubber 
#1 ·
My Raptor will be garage stored. In the winter I will probably at times go a month or so without starting it. Can someone recommend me a trickle charge, to me they are all the same so happy to take someones recommendation.

#3 ·
I just have a small one from the bigbox stores, its just a trickle charge so you don't need anything big. I also have the quick connectors set up on my battery so its a quick plug in and walk away.

#4 ·
You want a battery maintainer, not a trickle charger. The maintainer turns itself on and off when the battery needs to be charged. A trickle charger keeps charging, even though it is just a little, all the time. It can damage your battery over time.

I have used a Deltran Tender Plus for over 20 years without any problems. I normally get 8 years out of a battery on my motorcycles. If my bike sits more than a day or two, it is hooked up to the tender.

#5 ·
Ok so I bought the Deltran 800 and I go to take my battery out and well I cant seem to figure out the quick fastener screws to remove the battery cover. I am brand new to all of this but this is embarrassing to even post but I have no one to help me in person I am totally on my own here.

#6 ·
Are you talking about those little black press on ones? Use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry up the center Knub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.