Raptor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on sending my bike off to get the 734 kit.... i have talked with the rocket factory and also trinity.... What do you all think about these two company's? which company should i have work on my bike..... i still want my bike to be just as reliable as it is now...The rocket factory is sure a lot cheaper...for about the same stuff, or same amout of power in the end....
Thanks Plattner

·
Registered
210 Posts
Trinity sucks. :mad: Go with Rocket Factory :thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I got all trinity on my bike right now, if I had to do it over I would go with rocket factory.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA HA HA well i guess its unanimous then.... I guess its rocket factory... Thanks guys

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have the rocket factory 734 kit on their bike? how do you all like it? big power increase? top speed? horspower? what exactly did you all have the rocket factory do to your bike? Thanks Plattner

·
Registered
689 Posts
plattner said:
HA HA HA well i guess its unanimous then.... I guess its rocket factory... Thanks guys
No need for the HA HA HA, your makeing me feel bad. :unsure:

·
Registered
332 Posts
plattnet, when you will put the big bore, please tell your opinion about the product and the company, because i'm intrested also for rocket factory's big bore...
Please ask both companies also about the reliability of your motor and if it needs extra maintenance, like piston replacemant after some hours.
What compression piston do you plan to put on?
I have also heard that rocket factory is better!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
We just got back from Sand Mountain in NV again and Rocket factory was out with some parts, lending support and their knowledge to customers and all riders alike. Just a part of how they do SMART business.

How many times do you see or know of Trinity doing that??? They do have a few good pieces but you can get those through RF, Kenz cycle tech, or any of the other shops that actually care about your satisfaction and repeat business.

Your probably going with the 10.75 piston correct?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Hallz, if your asking me, no I am not going with the 107mm piston. I don't like sleeves on big bores and I can't afford a billit cylinder.

My bikes a duner first and a hill shooter second. I'm going with what I feel is the most reliable combination of parts.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hallz- yes i am going with the 10.75. i think i will go with rocket factory, i will be calling this Kenz cycle also.... thanks for all the input....

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Shit, do I need glasses or what, I thought you were talking 107.7 on bore size now I see your talking comp ratio of 10.75.1 Doh ::)

Note to self,make eye Doc appt soon :lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
:lol:

I was not going to say anything

·
Registered
163 Posts
700rider said:
I got all trinity on my bike right now, if I had to do it over I would go with rocket factory.
why don't you like it ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm brand new to this site and I'm glad I found a site that is exclusively raptors... trust me.. 450's are fun to beat up on and I prefer them to talk their crap elsewhere. Anyways, I was reading on this and glad to get some input myself on the 734 kit. I've never heard of rocket factory before but am now going to look into them. My question is does anyone know of any big bore kits for the 700 besides these two? I already read up on Duncan's 715 kit for $2700 and that just doesn't interest me at all. They quoted me at only 10-15hp gains. Not enough bang for that kinda buck. I've heard rumors of a 770 kit. Does anyone know anything about that? I appreciate any and all help. Thanks guys.

-Scottro

·
Registered
22 Posts
never mind guys. I see it all now on their site. Sorry to change the subject for a minute.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rocket Factory gets their big bore kits from Trinity.
They just use a differet head gasket and/or piston"high comp".
They also use Trinity's intake, They said it dyno'd the highest.
I also "THINK" if you just order their ported head,
not their race port, just basic head, they use Trinity
heads. I could not get a straight answer on that. I
was told by a employee about the big bore kits and
intakes. Not by any means am I bad mouthing RF, just for your
Information. Trinity's big bore kit will be awesome upgrade for the
every day rider. Cheap reliable HP. If you want to
to RACE go with Rocket Factory or Kenz!!! I have
my motor @ Kenz!

·
Registered
517 Posts
If I am correct YES RF does use the same type of parts as Trinity (most places are the same Yamaha cyl, heads & JE piston (I think). From there it is the quality and technique of the machine work.

Yes they due prefer the Trinity intake. BUT as stated the head gaskets are different for (reliability) AND if I recall correctly they are cheaper if you buy the kit and install yourself.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.