Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having a 734 kit installed in a couple of weeks is there any other mods i have to do such as a clutch upgrade or a battery upgrade for the bigger motor im not doing a cam or any porting how reliable is the trinity 734 kit i do alot of long distance riding of 80 miles or more i need it reliable......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
All the info I have gotten has pointed towards a cam, valves, and high comp piston to be more reliable than big bore kits
I would check both out. This is why I origanally started talking with ct racing. There main focus is on long races like the baha 1000. All my rides are long and desert type (high heat) so I went with there high comp kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I just ordered a 734 kit from RF as well as a stage 1 cam and a power commander. I would definitely order a power commander if I were you if you don't already have it. If you do get one, get the one from RF. RF (who uses Trinity's big bore kit) says that Trinity's EFI controller does not remap injection like theirs does with the programmable fuel inputs. Trinity's is simply pre-programmed settings for fuel flow (just like the generic Dobeck programmer). It's a generic computer that might get you close. But RF's commander will come programmed for your exact exhaust. And if you should happen to change exhausts later on (which I plan on doing), they will email you the new curves to reprogram your PC. As far as I know, just the PC is the only thing you need for the big bore kit. Also RF has said that none of their Big Bore kits regardless of which compression they run has caused anything to fail yet. They claimed that the stock radiator, clutch, and gears in the stock 700 have worked great. I'm assuming you already have an aftermarket pipe/filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
LHCRAPPY said:
All the info I have gotten has pointed towards a cam, valves, and high comp piston to be more reliable than big bore kits
I would check both out. This is why I origanally started talking with ct racing. There main focus is on long races like the baha 1000. All my rides are long and desert type (high heat) so I went with there high comp kit.

I have yet to hear of any problems with the 734 kit. The only one I can think of is a member that took on water, and ended up bending the rod. Had nothing to do with the 734.
I too would look at the high comp setups, but I can almost guarantee a 10.75 comp 734 is going to outlast your 12.5 high comp setup!
I would think the 734 is creating more torque over a stock bore high comp too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
The only other thing if you have not done it yet is to order the kit from Rocket Factory. Trinity uses a copper head gasket that sucks. It has to be heated before it can be installed or it will leak. My buddy went through 2 of their head gaskets before learning this and now it works fine. Rocket factory uses a triple ply head gasket that needs nothing. However if Trinity is installing the kit, they are probably doing this so you'll probably be fine.

New years will be my first weekend with my 734 kit, 12:1 piston, webcam stage 1 cam, Trinity air filter, and RF power commander. I'll let you guys know how it runs. Before I just had a Trinity stage IV exhaust, and a GYTR filter and beat 90% of the 450's I raced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Scottro said:
The only other thing if you have not done it yet is to order the kit from Rocket Factory. Trinity uses a copper head gasket that sucks. It has to be heated before it can be installed or it will leak. My buddy went through 2 of their head gaskets before learning this and now it works fine. Rocket factory uses a triple ply head gasket that needs nothing. However if Trinity is installing the kit, they are probably doing this so you'll probably be fine.

New years will be my first weekend with my 734 kit, 12:1 piston, webcam stage 1 cam, Trinity air filter, and RF power commander. I'll let you guys know how it runs. Before I just had a Trinity stage IV exhaust, and a GYTR filter and beat 90% of the 450's I raced.
Your friend needs to learn how to read, would have saved himself 2 head gaskets, and headaches. Its clearly said in there installation procedure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
hey 700rider where is the power at with the stage 2 cams, more on the top right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,553 Posts
I almost done mine that way(734cc) but thought it would be cool to see what this thing would be like if Yamaha built it the way they should have(true 700cc with GYTR stuff and 11:1). Im happy with my set up.....actually Im overwelmed with it but could imagine if it had another 34cc under the tank with a cam :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
okieraptor said:
hey 700rider where is the power at with the stage 2 cams, more on the top right.
I'll let you know when I get the new cam. I had the stage 2 cam, but bike was not produceing the power it should when I took the head apart found that the cam hads alow spot on the exhaust lobe. So now need to get a new cam so will be going with a stage 3. Right now I have a stock head on my bike with just the 734 12.1 piston and I must say wow, runs hard can't wait to put the my head back on with the new cam. I did it all in one shot so don't know how much power one item makes. Which is way it took me so long to find the problem in my bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
700rider said:
okieraptor said:
hey 700rider where is the power at with the stage 2 cams, more on the top right.
I'll let you know when I get the new cam. I had the stage 2 cam, but bike was not produceing the power it should when I took the head apart found that the cam hads alow spot on the exhaust lobe. So now need to get a new cam so will be going with a stage 3. Right now I have a stock head on my bike with just the 734 12.1 piston and I must say wow, runs hard can't wait to put the my head back on with the new cam. I did it all in one shot so don't know how much power one item makes. Which is way it took me so long to find the problem in my bike.
kool let me know.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top