Raptor Forum banner

Trinity 734cc Big Bore Kit/ Camshaft

17K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  135boom 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I just joined the site and I was looking for information on the Trinity 734cc Big Bore Kit/ Camshaft: http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yamaha/raptor700734cc.html

I was wondering if anyone has had this modification and if they like the results??

I am having the Trinity 734cc Big Bore Kit put in to my Raptor 700R this week. I found that my Power Commander needed to be re-programmed to "map 416007B". I will be testing out the modification on the 14th of October and will update the forum on the results.

Any input is welcome!

#2 ·
The 734 kit sounds great from everyone I have talked to. There porting is good too, just not as drastic as say rocket or kenz.
The camshaft is nothing but a web cam, stage 1 or 2.
You can go with either the 12.5 piston or the 10.75. I would recomend the 10.75 as you wouldnt have to run race gas, and according to rocket factory you are only missing out on like 1-1.5 hp. 10.75 will probably last longer too. Very reliable kit.
From what I have gathered the majority of power to be gained is wrapped up in the cam and going high comp. The big bore is just spreading more power over the curve and adding Tq. THe cam sounds like a MUST if you do the big bore....otherwise your powercurve is going to be really short. Stage 1 will solve all that.
Good luck :thumbsup:

with the 734 at 10.75 comp, the stage 1 cam and rockets porting it will be in the low 60's with LTE exhaust. Get there wild porting, do a stage 2 and do the 12.5 and you will be in the mid 60's for hp, and high 50's for torque.....thats only peak though. You gain a whole crap load more in other places in the powerband!

#5 ·
that will still make damn good power as long as you do a cam with it.....and porting will really help out. the 734 will probably have broader power and more torque, but the big differences in power sounds like it comes from the porting and a good cam!

#6 ·
VelociRaptor how much difference did you notice with the +1 mm Wiseco piston? Because that sounded like a good idea to me to make the 700 an actuall 700cc machine + raising the compression. Also if you dont me asking how much did it cost for the piston and to get it bored 1mm?

jamie

#7 ·
Im actually lookin athe piston right now, no work has been done yet- just got the engine out of the frame at like 4:30 today(Ive started a thread about it). I dont really care for the coatings that come on some of these bikes now, Im a cast iron sleeve kinda guy. Usually my local machine shop(that Ive been using for past 10 years lol) charges me like $100 to sleeve something for me including the sleeve but the again Ive done alot of and brought alot of business to them. They do anything from CAT engines all the way to a 50cc honda engine(which they just done last week). Im expecting around 8rwhp off it, I will chassis dyno it once finished to check how it does and to double check the A/F.

#8 ·
all ok thanks for the info. Keep me informed about your progress with the piston and when you get it back together let me know how you like it.

jamie

#12 ·
I see, just make sure you put the plug in the right spot, two plugs are the same the tps and the air intake pressure sensor. I made that mistake when I did my frame. It damaged the air intake pressure sensor.

#13 ·
135boom said:
The 734 kit sounds great from everyone I have talked to. There porting is good too, just not as drastic as say rocket or kenz.

with the 734 at 10.75 comp, the stage 1 cam and rockets porting it will be in the low 60's with LTE exhaust.!
I agree, I talked with Jason and I think that is the direction I will be heading with mine. Also Rocket Factory has a 734 kit also!

#14 ·
yep....rocket does...and it comes with a better gasket and its also cheaper as I recall. I liked talking to Jason about the 700....wealth of knowledge. If I decide the 734 isnt enough, I'll just get the stroker!

#16 ·
air said:
11:1 stock bore piston and a stage 1 cam got me 3.5 HP and 4 ft lbs of torque.
I am sure a little porting will help also.

Thats peak HP though....look how much you got else where, especially after 6500rpm where the stock cam signs off

#18 ·
yeah.....thats good! thats what I think makes the biggest diff!

#19 ·
air said:
:thumbsup: I actually gained over 5 hp in places and it raised the sign off point almost 1000 RPM
More HP and torque under the curve
I guess stage 1 is the way to go with stock bore and stage 2 with a bigger 734 :3question:

I was thinking of a stage one in my too (stock bore,11:1 ported head) how does that cam feels .. in low,mid,upper ? Is it worth it ?

#21 ·
From what Jason was telling me, the stage II is actually more of a bottom end cam. The stage I is everywhere power, and stage II still retains all that "everywhere power" but more bottom end. Stage III is topend power.

#22 ·
Thanks for the update 135Boom! I did end up going with the 734 at 10.75 comp, the stage 1 cam and rockets porting. I'm picking it up tomorrow for the first test ride and then we are taking a smooth ride to Crown King on Saturday to break everything in. Off to the dunes in 2 weeks . . . the season has started ;).

I hope this gives me what I've been looking for b/c I was getting beat at the sand drags and hill by 450s and Banshees... NOT good :3question: and not this year!!!!!!!!

Velociraptor, no worries we're all here to gain knowledge.

#23 ·
swwweeeet! Let us know how it runs! Mine will be there as soon as I get the money together. Doing thre $600 wild porting, stage II (I think) and the 734 at 10.75! Cant wait!

#24 ·
air said:
It pulls harder everywhere.
I do a lot of trail riding so the stage 1 was the cam of choice for me.
If I was only duning I would have went with a stage 2

Air, I think you were miss informed. The stage I, like you said, is all over power....and really unleashes the motor as the stock cam is rather restrictive. However, the stage II is suppose to keep all that power and add some in the bottom end....but, it requires another $250 for a spring kit. The stage III is the drag racing cam and is topend oriented.

#26 ·
135boom said:
From what Jason was telling me, the stage II is actually more of a bottom end cam. The stage I is everywhere power, and stage II still retains all that "everywhere power" but more bottom end. Stage III is topend power.
That sounds strange i ve heard that stage 1 is a more bottom/all around and stage II have a more aggressive profile for more top end - is´nt it because of that you need stronger springs for stage II and III = more revs ,stronger valve springs :3question:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.