Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I got my Trinity Intake, it in fact measures..........3.5" on the filter intake side, which is in fact 1/2" bigger than Prodesign, I measured it at the dealership the other day. So, Trinity is correct when they say it is bigger than any other intake on the market.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocket Factory said:
I agree and they dyno great too. We have a wall full and sell them for a great price.

Jason
www.rocketfactory.biz
I called to buy mine from you, since you guys have answered so many questions of mine, but I was told you only have your filter with it, and I had to cut my airbox out, so I had to go another route. I would love to cut my airbox up, but I still ride in mud and water, so I need it. Sorry.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The Trinity has enough room to expand the hole to 4". any machine shop can do it.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm... :3question:...I'm not real sure on that one, there only looks to be about 1/4 inch of material left. The prodesign has a lot more material though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
blackraptor said:
If i'll buy tritity filter, should i cut my airbox? Has anyone any picture with airbox cutted?
I did a partial cut, just the bottom.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trinity's kit doesn't require you to cut it, but the kit from rocket Factory does

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
never seen it, but if I have that answer, I would ahev got the UM and gottne RF's intake. they get better gains from it than the trinity size K&N; where did you see it at? The RF filter is pretty big, I assume (and we all know what happens when you assume) that is won't fit either.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you know..you arent gonna gain anything from an extra 1/2" on the filter side. if you dont make the intake pipe from the billet mount to the carb or thottle body anybigger you will not gain a thing. bigger isnt always better, you just end up cutting up shit that doesnt need to be and the end result is a crappy lookin air box. prodesign works just as good with room left, why do you need a big honkin filter?. at most if any you may gain a 1/4hp but good luck..

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zebradog said:
Trinity's kit doesn't require you to cut it, but the kit from rocket Factory does
Maybe you didn't read this 07raptorgytr.

RF can prove gains on the Dyno for cutting the box out and putting a bigger filter. I don't know where your getting your data, but they have data to prove it flows better. Yes, your right, it's not going to be much, but if you buy everything the first time, and squeeze every bit of power out of it, then when you upgrade later the differences will be bigger there too. Personally, I wouldn't buy a prodesign, and then find out later that the Trinity has better flow, and go out and spend more money on Trinity's; thats just foolish. Had I known about the Barkers, I would have got them instead of LTEs, but I'm not going to get rid of them and get Barkers for 1/2 - 1 HP. People have been asking the question "Does Trinity's intake actuall have a 1/2" bigger diameter?" That is what this thread was for.

·
Registered
511 Posts
correct me if im wrong but when u open the box by cutting it you allow for more cfm's tp pass into the intake thus creating flow.
that is the gain cfm's.

Capt

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
captnkllm said:
correct me if im wrong but when u open the box by cutting it you allow for more cfm's tp pass into the intake thus creating flow.
that is the gain cfm's.

Capt
Yea, I suppose, and when you increase the filter size, there are more pores for air to pass through, decreasing resistance. I still ride in mud, so I have to have an airbox.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The Tech Quad Shop can supply you the trinity adapter with a K+N Filter which will fit in your air box just call Steve and ask him about it , Ive got mine on order :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts