Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Trinity KIt that can tell me about it?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
734? Pipe? Pipe and Intake? Pipe, Intake and Controller? Pipe, intake controller and 734?

:3question:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i heard in the forum some where that the insides came apart and they would not stand by there product so if it was me i would stay away from them :eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
rvrrappy said:
i heard in the forum some where that the insides came apart and they would not stand by there product so if it was me i would stay away from them :eek:
I think that was in reference to the pipe packing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the stage iv kit, pipe intake and programmer. I love it no problems after 10hrs so far and for the new year I took it to Yuma AZ (dunes) and its plainly a beast only heavily modified banshees and 450's got me. I know some have had a bad experience with them but I will continue to buy their products as I was just informed that they now have a cam and high comp piston setup available that will add nearly 25 more horses that I will be looking into...

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have the Stage IV full exhaust, and am very pleased with the performance. However, the packing is coming out near the end cap, and there's a pretty bad exhaust leak where the muffler bolts to the mid-pipe.

·
Registered
689 Posts
rvrrappy said:
It was me, and they did take care of it at the end. There was a little back and forth with them and I was very upset at them but at the end when I sent them the mesh that had came apart inside they had no problem replaceing it. They said they had never seem that before.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I need some help then. First off I don’t know much about quads beside basic maintenance oil changes, spark plugs, etc. I bought a 01 raptor that has everything done to it; it's basically a drag bike. There is too much maintenance to deal with, that I don’t even know how to do. So I sold it to my buddy. Ok, well I’m buying a new 07 raptor SE; I don’t want any engine mods to it. I don’t want to deal with all that extra stuff plus I don’t even know how to do it. Since I'm use to an extremely fast quad. I want this next one to be as fast as it can without engine mods. I know I can get extra hp with a exhaust and a intake, but with those two thing I heard you have to have a EFI controller because its fuel injected. I know Trinity racing you can get a kit with the intake, exhaust and the EFI controller, and the controller is already preprogrammed. However, if you guys are saying you are having problems with it; I don’t want to spend money on something that will cause me problems. If I went with another company, they my not preprogram the controller and I have no idea how to do all that mapping and stuff. So PLEASE can someone give some suggestions. Should I go with the Trinity kit or something else?

·
Registered
689 Posts
To each its own, as from me I would give you a go for it. Never had any problem with the three mods from trinity. My pipe came apart inside but the replace it and it was something that happened that they never saw before and no one has ever reported something like that so must have just been one bad one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it pretty easy to install? The EFI controller is already programmed with the exhaust and intake only? Did you have to adjust it at anytime? Do you run normal gas threw your bike? Would it hurt anything to half 110 and regular gas? Sorry not to be a pain just learning as i go.

·
Registered
902 Posts
btac said:
Would it hurt anything to half 110 and regular gas?
Yes, your wallet! ;)

The term "Race Gas" can sometimes make people think it gets you something you aren't getting with regular gas. What is really is. . . "pre-ignition avoidance gas".

Bottom line. . . unless you are running a high compression piston you don't need it and it will only cost you money.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
DuneMe said:
btac said:
Would it hurt anything to half 110 and regular gas?
Yes, your wallet! ;)

The term "Race Gas" can sometimes make people think it gets you something you aren't getting with regular gas. What is really is. . . "pre-ignition avoidance gas".

Bottom line. . . unless you are running a high compression piston you don't need it and it will only cost you money.
you could loose power by running higher octane that isnt needed!

·
Registered
215 Posts
with the EFI from trinity mine did not come programmed, you have to adjust the settings depending on your elevation and such much like you would have to do with jets, but the nice thing is that the 700 is fuel injected no rejeting is needed and its all electronic if you bike is running rough try a different setting on the controller and restart the bike....its that easy. And you will be just fine running 91 octane. After a few hours you might want to switch to a semi synthetic oil also. just my .02

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Raptor7hun said:
I have the stage iv kit, pipe intake and programmer. I love it no problems after 10hrs so far and for the new year I took it to Yuma AZ (dunes) and its plainly a beast only heavily modified banshees and 450's got me. I know some have had a bad experience with them but I will continue to buy their products as I was just informed that they now have a cam and high comp piston setup available that will add nearly 25 more horses that I will be looking into...
I didn't think you get get that much hp from a cam and high comp piston, I heard 12 hp at most with port and polish, cam, and high comp piston. Doesn't the 734 kit give about 25 more hp? I could be mistaken I am new. But if I can get that kind of gain from cam and piston i'm all over it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think your right from a cam and piston alone...20+ hp is not likely but after headers, pipe, intake, programmer...at least thats what they are telling me it should be reachable. Im guessing they are going off race gas instead of pump gas

·
Registered
965 Posts
If I were you, I would choose the exhaust that makes the power in the RPM range of your liking. I ride in the woods, so low end torque and midrange is what I wanted without being too loud. Next, pick the intake you like (Trinity, Prodesigns, GYTR, ect...). Then, go get a PCIII. Call Fuel Moto, tell them what intake and exhaust you have and they will send you a pre-mapped PCIII so all you have to do is hook it up and go.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Xlr8hers said:
Raptor7hun said:
I didn't think you get get that much hp from a cam and high comp piston, I heard 12 hp at most with port and polish, cam, and high comp piston. Doesn't the 734 kit give about 25 more hp? I could be mistaken I am new. But if I can get that kind of gain from cam and piston i'm all over it.
You could see 25 hp over stock by going with a nice set of LTE's, a prodesign, gytr, or trinity intake with a k&N filter and NO lid. Then run a custom mapped PCIII for a 734 kit with stage II or III cam and wild porting.

With that setup and just a drop in stage I cam and 10.75 compression 734, RF is showing 62hp and 58ftlbs. If you ran the 12.5.1 734 and a higher stage cam, like II or III you could see a good 65+ hp.....giving you that +25 hp over a stock 700. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.