Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at www.tcsracing.com they have triple rate spring kits for the yfz450 front springs and my question is how do you take the shock apart to switch out the springs? if anyone has done this please post pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was wondering the exact same thing. How in the heck do you take the YFZ450 front shocks apart to remove the spring? Does Anyone know? :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm starting to think it isn't possible or nobody on here knows! :feedback: :3question:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd thought about YFZ Central. Thanks for the ideas! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
ajax660 said:
at www.tcsracing.com they have triple rate spring kits for the yfz450 front springs and my question is how do you take the shock apart to switch out the springs? if anyone has done this please post pics :thumbsup:
I've heard of spring removal tools, but I think I've heard of them being removed with simple shop tools. OEM raptor shocks aren't worth the effort so you aren't going to find as much info from 660 riders but there should be a few who've changed out their rear spring themselves.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Here is the explanation I got at YFZ Central: loosen the preload nuts right off, that will let you move the spring up and you will see a slotted collar at the bottom that you remove. then the springs come right off

·
Registered
657 Posts
If any of you have YFZ shocks, you should already know how to do this. I took mine apart yesterday. Simple. Turn the pre-load all the way out, flip the shock upside down, push on the spring to move the rubber stopper thats on the shaft, slide the slotted coller out and your done. The pre-load is it. That takes all the tension off. I did mine to paint the springs.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Not the same topic but, what paint did you use on the springs? Has it held up alright?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts